• ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Agree with the above.

BUT so help me God if you post that John Wayne did not single handedly win WWII, I'ma gonna get medieval on your A**.

Bummer's posts reminded me of a comment my Dad made in the 70's that most people probably didn't even realize John Wayne never saw combat.

In fact, he actually sought what was then the equivalent of a deferment. He told those close to him that he couldn't afford to go when his career was just taking off. He told people he would enlist after he'd made a couple of more movies.

He later professed to have regretted this decision.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Agree with the above.

BUT so help me God if you post that John Wayne did not single handedly win WWII, I'ma gonna get medieval on your A**.

Bummer's posts reminded me of a comment my Dad made in the 70's that most people probably didn't even realize John Wayne never saw combat.

I have a brother-in-law, in his late sixties, whose family got together a few years back and bought him a vintage collectible John Wayne lunch box. Looks new, cost a mint. If you engage him in conversation he will tell you he knows The Duke didn't do all that stuff, but he about blew a gasket when I told him that Wayne weighed more than a cavalry officer and all his tack. To him John Wayne was the cavalry. Sure, he knows, but his subconscious does not accept and it colors his attitudes.

Poor guy feels the same way about The Gipper. Mention Reagan and he stares off into space and salivates as if you'd rung a bell. Happens a lot among the Kool-Aid drinkers. (Red and blue, it's really all just colored water. A little sugar. Some artificial flavor. Voilà - party politics.)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This reference your link led me to is why I support Newt:

Newt Gingrich on the Issues

Lemme guess, you are a RP lemming, right ??
    I read your link, and it missed literally dozens of flip-flops and unconservative positions. He's been on both sides of pretty much every issue. They failed to mention that he cosponsored the Fairness Doctrine, his draconian views on prohibition, his support of bailouts, that he helped create the Department of Education, his advocacy of more Federal security agencies, his support of Federal gun control, his support of cap and trade, his vote for a Global Warming prevention bill, his repeated advocacy of mandating health coverage, his support of a Federal health record database for every American, his lobbying for Medicare entitlement expansion, on and on and on and on and on.

This guy is not the second coming of the Founding Fathers like you told me in another thread. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I guess that makes me a "lemming" for pointing all that out.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Hey Bummer, how does one person eliminate or destroy the effectiveness of a document a nation was founded on?

A little at a time, with the help of Congress. Why not ask why so many on INGO think Obama can destroy the Nation?

This reference your link led me to is why I support Newt:

Newt Gingrich on the Issues

Funny, that link contains quite a few lines about why I can't stand him. Of all the Republican toads, you guys have to lick the newt. LSD pales in comparison.

Lemme guess, you are a RP lemming, right ??

Yes, my unicorns and I are Paul supporters. I intend to leave them grazing under the rainbow while I go out into the "real world" and vote Libertarian. (Paul is really a libertarian, so I can reluctantly vote for him as a "Republican". If he gains the nomination, which I doubt.) Once they finally gain office I'll bail. Power corrupts, and all that. Ask Newt. Didn't he just make $1.6 million as European Historical Advisor to Freddie and Fannie? **cough cough graft cough corruption cough typical Republican cough totally Newt cough cough**

So how many Democrats and left leaning independents do you think will line up to vote for the hypocrite who tried to lynch Bill Clinton over infidelity? Eight million? Looks to me like you guys are going to gift wrap it before you give it to Obama again. Of course, after the John "Cash And Vacations For Influence" McCain and Sarah "Bridge To Nowhere" Palin fiasco, why should I be surprised?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    he about blew a gasket when I told him that Wayne weighed more than a cavalry officer and all his tack.
    He got mad about that? It was a fact.

I think my Dad made that comment of his to me after we went to see Rooster Cogburn in the theatre. Only movie I ever recall seeing with him in my entire life in a theatre.

It is all about persona. The Terminator, Al Franken, Jesse Ventura et al. benefit from having a public persona and if I recall correctly, Ventura started his wrestling career as a doer of evil AKA bad guy? Alec Baldwin, future Mayor of New York?

For President, One man, One vote, until then we slip into the pattern of history repeating itself. Until then the advertising budgets will overcome adversity.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    ... I guess that makes me a "lemming" for pointing all that out.

The lemming comment set off my Alanis Morissette branded Irony Meter with Automatic Reset. Good thing it's explosion proof. Lemmings follow blindly. Much like the "any Republican will do" crowd.

I just wish they'd get it straight. They're lemmings. I'm a well documented unicorn herder.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    He got mad about that? It was a fact.

Yep. I was disrespecting The Duke. Facts often play a negative role when fantasy is involved.

I think my Dad made that comment of his to me after we went to see Rooster Cogburn in the theatre. Only movie I ever recall seeing with him in my entire life in a theatre.

It is all about persona. The Terminator, Al Franken, Jesse Ventura et al. benefit from having a public persona and if I recall correctly, Ventura started his wrestling career as a doer of evil AKA bad guy? Alec Baldwin, future Mayor of New York?

Oh, I liked the movies well enough. That just wasn't enough to get me to suspend reality after the movie was over. I try to remember that charisma is a pretty layer over just another nasty butt-head.

For President, One man, One vote, until then we slip into the pattern of history repeating itself. Until then the advertising budgets will overcome adversity.

Absolutely. A good line of BS trumps inconvenient truth every time. That has a lot to do with why we're in the mess we're in.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I read your link, and it missed literally dozens of flip-flops and unconservative positions. He's been on both sides of pretty much every issue. They failed to mention that he cosponsored the Fairness Doctrine, his draconian views on prohibition, his support of bailouts, that he helped create the Department of Education, his advocacy of more Federal security agencies, his support of Federal gun control, his support of cap and trade, his vote for a Global Warming prevention bill, his repeated advocacy of mandating health coverage, his support of a Federal health record database for every American, his lobbying for Medicare entitlement expansion, on and on and on and on and on.

This guy is not the second coming of the Founding Fathers like you told me in another thread. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I guess that makes me a "lemming" for pointing all that out.
    You should start a thread about this. :D

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    (Paul is really a libertarian, so I can reluctantly vote for him as a "Republican". If he gains the nomination, which I doubt.) Once they finally gain office I'll bail. Power corrupts,

"Once they gain office I'll bail". So actually you stand for nothing, guess you're a moderate then.:rolleyes: that likes to make up cutesy childish names for persons you happen to disagree with. Classy!:yesway:

You need to stick with the God Particle thing. You might have more credibility there. You certainly have zero in politics.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Does this mean the GOP nomination goes to Obama?

Seriously, if Herman Cain lost his supporters over infidelity and sexual harassment claims, how much support do you think Newt will have by the time the general election rolls around?

A few attack ads airing a fraction of his dirty laundry to the public, and he is toast.

When he began his campaign nobody took him seriously because of his history.... the only reason he is in the spotlight now is because the other candidates have all combusted around him.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Me too, but I know I made the right choice. Wayne loved his country, of that I have no doubt, but the public loved him even more.

Absolutely true! He found other ways to support the country and war effort that were far grater than a lot of people who actually served in the military.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Does this mean the GOP nomination goes to Obama?

Seriously, if Herman Cain lost his supporters over infidelity and sexual harassment claims, how much support do you think Newt will have by the time the general election rolls around?

A few attack ads airing a fraction of his dirty laundry to the public, and he is toast.

When he began his campaign nobody took him seriously because of his history.... the only reason he is in the spotlight now is because the other candidates have all combusted around him.

Yes, they will attack him, but it won't do us any good. The left and Obama's people want him in because he is so much like Obama and will sell us out - which is what they want. (If enough dead people don't come out for Obama.)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Of all the Republican toads, you guys have to lick the newt.
    Although both are amphibians, a toad is not a newt.

LSD pales in comparison.
    Is that one of those ways you're insulting intelligence? Or perchance is it an extension of the toad analogy wherein the licking of a toad was claimed to have had hallucinogenic powers?

Yep. I was disrespecting The Duke. Facts often play a negative role when fantasy is involved.

Quoted for irony.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Amen to that!

Wonder what it would "feel" like to have a REAL, patriotic, loyal American President for once. (Yes, I'm fanticizing. I'll get over it.:rolleyes:)

Since some our brother gun owners here have taught us that patriotic is code talk for a nationalistic xenophobe, I guess half of us would be upset and half of us happy.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Since some our brother gun owners here have taught us that patriotic is code talk for a nationalistic xenophobe, I guess half of us would be upset and half of us happy.

Well, if those who would be unhappy don't know the real meaning of patriot, they should look it up or "oh well".

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Amen to that!

Wonder what it would "feel" like to have a REAL, patriotic, loyal American President for once. (Yes, I'm fanticizing. I'll get over it.:rolleyes:)
    This question aught to go over real big but i'll attempt to salvage it with an reply.

Question: Newt Gingrich isn't a patriotic , loyal, American? Answer: Why no KG1 he's an NWO Globalist sellout traitor.

Top Bottom