• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I recently had the pleasure of spending a day on the range learning from John (obijohn) at Riley, and wanted to take a moment to give John a HUGE thank you. I've been wanting to get to an ACT class for a while now. The feedback here on INGO is always positive, they teach classes in locations that are very convenient for me... but my schedule just hasn't allowed it.

Now, after finally making it work, I'm left with a few thoughts.

We're really lucky to have such high quality instruction at our fingertips. I can add my voice to those singing ACT's praises. I haven't spent time with rhino or coach yet, unfortunately, but John was great. Even faced with the challenge of one shooter who was a complete novice and another who's mostly developed about 40 years of bad habits, John's experience and expertise were easily up to the task. He has a teaching style that worked very well for us, and we both definitely learned and improved in just a few short hours.

That, IMHO, is really one of the huge reasons to take professional instruction. Could you learn these things on your own, through shooting thousands of rounds, or with your shooting buddies and some youtube? Maybe. Could you learn and improve as much in, say, 4 hours, or 8 hours, as you can with a competent, experienced instructor? Not a chance. The right instructor will enable you to improve more in any given amount of time than you would have on your own, by a LONG shot.

John is excellent, experienced, and capable. He's passionate about the subject and about helping others improve, and if you allow him to, he will improve your skills. As long as you do your part, the time and money you spend with him will bring you SIGNIFICANTLY better results and better value (improvement vs. cost) than what you're doing now that you think is saving you money. You've heard it over and over: get professional training. Stop throwing away all of those rounds you fire with no goals or plan, or in the same old rut. Take advantage of the resources we have here. I haven't tried any of the other INGO trainers, yet, but my day with obijohn was productive and fun, and I'll be spending more time with him many more times.

You should, too.

Again, a huge THANK YOU to John Viray for a great day of learning, for the improvement in my skills, and for a little peace of mind regarding a certain new gun owner.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I took IP101 with Coach and Rhino, and am interested in taking DP101 with John. Glad to see the comments and good review.

Did you take a specific class or was it a "custom" training session?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks to all for the kind words. It's really good when we know that someone benefited from our work!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thanks, Chris. Glad you and the boy had a good day. I really enjoy working with eager students. Your disparity in skill and experience made for a truly fun day!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A great endorsement for training in general, and it is doubly nice that it was so positive and about ACT. Thanks for the post.

John is a magnificent bastard!

Top Bottom