• ...and so much more!
  • Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Hotel home to 24 molesters » Evansville Courier & Press

I actually went to this motel a month ago, just to park at the back of the lot so I could walk over to the railroad bridge for some photographs. All I had on me was a 6 inch Buck knife, and yet I had no idea that these people were being housed there. Nice to know that I can count on our news to let me in on this little secret. Sad thing is, kids live there.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    Unfreaking believable. Not only are they perverts, they are cheap bastards too. Why not live there rent free?

"The payback provision didn't work very well last year, however. The Correction Department reports $191,158 was spent on the program statewide in 2011, but only about $300 was repaid."

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I dont know the specifics of this particular motel, but often the laws regarding where sex offenders can live force them into places like motels and trailer parks.

I'm not trying to start an argument about the (un)fairness of sex offenders laws, but that may explain why there are so many in one spot.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I dont know the specifics of this particular motel, but often the laws regarding where sex offenders can live force them into places like motels and trailer parks.

I'm trying to start an argument about the (un)fairness of sex offenders laws, but that may explain why there are so many in one spot.

Actually its exactly why they are in one spot. No money (just got out of jail), can't live with family (not allowed to be near many public places, family may have kids in the home or not want them around), no job (again, just out of jail). We do set them up for failure and I have a very conflicted feeling about them. Part of me just wants them all to burn in Hell. Part of me says that everyone can be forgiven and turn their life around with Jesus and we are setting them up for continual failure.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Hotel home to 24 molesters » Evansville Courier & Press

I actually went to this motel a month ago, just to park at the back of the lot so I could walk over to the railroad bridge for some photographs. All I had on me was a 6 inch Buck knife, and yet I had no idea that these people were being housed there. Nice to know that I can count on our news to let me in on this little secret. Sad thing is, kids live there.
    Why does this article make you glad you got your LTCH? Were you planning to shoot these men? I don't think you have to worry about them. You're a little too old. As a family member of a victim and an offender, I find your comments painful. I understand wanting to protect children. If this is your drive, get involved with a victim support group. There are plenty out there. And you don't have to judge these people God will do that and their peers already have.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i think his way of thinking was that there were a bunch of convicts in close proximity and he had no idea. i think this opened his eyes that anywhere you go, you can unknowingly be around people who are not good people and wish to harm others. i do not think this was just about the fact that they were molesters, i think any heinous crime could have been inserted there and it would have carried the same weight.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Child Molesters?
    18 YO Men with their 17 YO girlfriend and a pissed off Dad?
    College kid on spring break taking a leak behind the bar seen by a passerby?

ALL are sex offenders according to the registry.

just sayin'

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I was just out in Indy tonight, as I am every Monday feeding homeless under bridges. Many are felons, and sex offenders. I have seen some turn their life around and are now good people. They paid their debt to society for their crime. It took me a while but I found it in my heart to forgive them. In over 4 years of weekly outreach, I have never had anyone threaten me, although I would be the wrong person to mess with.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Why does this article make you glad you got your LTCH? Were you planning to shoot these men? I don't think you have to worry about them. You're a little too old. As a family member of a victim and an offender, I find your comments painful. I understand wanting to protect children. If this is your drive, get involved with a victim support group. There are plenty out there. And you don't have to judge these people God will do that and their peers already have.

First off, I am a woman and normally only 134 lbs except that I am pregnant going on 27 weeks this week. I am not a man otherwise I would probably not worry so much of my safety as I do being a woman.
    A sex offender doesn't have to sexually assault a child, and as I am only 24 which is not that old, but I am constantly told that I look more 16 and sometimes even 14 years old. And if I had to, yes I would shoot if I was being attacked, but this isn't just solely about sex offenders, the fact that angers me and makes me glad to be getting my LTCH is that we aren't exactly notified of these things and I or anyone else could just be walking around a certain area thinking it is safe only to be proven wrong in a matter of moments. I could care less about the ones who are made sex offenders due to dating someone just under 18, especially if they really cared for each other - why - because my husband and I are 20 years apart, and I was just under 18 when we discussed our feelings and decided that at 18 I would marry him.
    Here is the definition for sex offender in wikipedia: Sex offender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As it states in the link, apparently there are certain apartments, hotels or motels that will take sex offenders in complying with their parole officers and the law enforcement department. I don't exactly feel sorry for them, it is pretty hard not to know the law, not to know right from wrong and the consequences of your actions. They knew that according to society they were violating laws that could put them in prison, they either didn't care about the consequences or didn't think they would get caught. I have no sympathy for my brother who at 18 robbed a man with 2 friends, my brother had a glass bottle he used to threaten the man. He served 2 years in prison and is still suffering, no one will hire him, and here in Indiana he cannot have the felony expunged due to it being a violent act. But, he knew the consequences and did anyway, because he thought he wouldn't get caught.

Last edited:

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    And h*ll, you could be right; maybe none of them did anything more serious than flash someone or have sex with someone just under 18. But you know, out of those 24 maybe just ONE did do something serious, and that ONE could be the one I ran into or run into. I'd rather not take the chance, thank you very much. I'm a great fighter, I'll fight for my life and can take hits pretty good BUT I will not arrogantly act as if I could take on a full grown man with just my bare hands. And as it is getting increasingly popular here, or at least coming out of the wood works - the cops are getting a hold of more and more felons, convicts or just law breakers carrying guns illegally (purchased illegally or without a permit). I don't want to walk around blindly and unprepared, and run into someone who is dangerous and possibly has a gun that they did not obtain legally. Some of you can have the attitude "I'll just ask them nicely of they mean me harm", but if I am put in the situation, whether it is with a gun or a knife or whatever I have on me, I am going to act first, ask questions later.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    And h*ll, you could be right; maybe none of them did anything more serious than flash someone or have sex with someone just under 18. But you know, out of those 24 maybe just ONE did do something serious, and that ONE could be the one I ran into or run into. I'd rather not take the chance, thank you very much. I'm a great fighter, I'll fight for my life and can take hits pretty good BUT I will not arrogantly act as if I could take on a full grown man with just my bare hands. And as it is getting increasingly popular here, or at least coming out of the wood works - the cops are getting a hold of more and more felons, convicts or just law breakers carrying guns illegally (purchased illegally or without a permit). I don't want to walk around blindly and unprepared, and run into someone who is dangerous and possibly has a gun that they did not obtain legally. Some of you can have the attitude "I'll just ask them nicely of they mean me harm", but if I am put in the situation, whether it is with a gun or a knife or whatever I have on me, I am going to act first, ask questions later.
    Well, by all means, stay safe and protect yourself at all costs. Carry a knife or gun or what ever is needed. I am a dude in his 40's, former LEO, former bodybuilder and I carry a gun for protection. My grown daughter was play wrestling with her then boyfriend that was smaller than she was and she told my wife that was really surprised at how strong a man can be. I guess she didn't understand the power differential.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I think they ("they" meaning the offenders) should build an island out in the middle of Lake Michigan and live there. No worries, they can fish and be out of society's sight for the duration of their sentence or classification.

They will be "on their own", however. They can "get back to nature" if so desired.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thanks lol now i know where not to stay next time i go to evansville! That'd make anyone want to carry!

Special offer: Stay 2 nights and get raped for free! Don't forget about free HBO and Wi-Fi!

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Well, by all means, stay safe and protect yourself at all costs. Carry a knife or gun or what ever is needed. I am a dude in his 40's, former LEO, former bodybuilder and I carry a gun for protection. My grown daughter was play wrestling with her then boyfriend that was smaller than she was and she told my wife that was really surprised at how strong a man can be. I guess she didn't understand the power differential.

Haha, play wrestling. Yeah a lot of women forget just how strong a man is, even if he is the same weight, by nature most men are 3x stronger than a woman. I think some women are actually believing the crap they see on T.V (Beyonce, etc) preaching that women run the world, women are better, a woman could kick a guy's a$$. Now..... Cris Cyborg isn't quite a woman so she doesn't count.

Top Bottom