Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK
    Post #6 here https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/184650-pulled_over_in_cl_with_handgun.html
    Where you state that the OP is lucky that the Officer didn't ND him (Shoot him "accidentally") .
    Sounds like a Cop bash to me!!

Post #9 here https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._discussion/166084-gun_thief.html#post2127641
    "By now you know the law and law enforcement personnel does not work for you and does not have an interest in protecting the law abiding,"
    Sounds like more Cop bashing to me!!

Post # 14 here, https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._charles_f_ludington_ludco-2.html#post1809041
    Where you accuse Law enforcement of entrapment.
    Sounds like more Law Enforcement bashing!!

I don't have all night but since I found these three in just a few minutes I guess I can safely call your claim BS . :D

Francis.jpg

Today, A woman and a child come into the place where I'm standing guard, the child is obviously hiding behind his mother. She explains that the child is scared of police officers because of the TV show COPS. I nod in agreement that some can be scary. They proceed to talk to the owner as they had planned, on the way back to the door where I'm standing I offer the child a candy cane from a table. This once timid child approches me with a huge smile on his face and takes the candy. He then, in the sweetest little voice I've ever heard says "thank you mister"

That ladies and gentlemen is why I do what I do

It's not for the glory
    It's not for the money
    It's not for the "police discount"
    Because at the end of the day ... There is none

We do it for the future of our community. That bright smiling future.

* while I can not say I am full fledged law enfocement I feel like I am representing them and hope to be able to become one. For now I work as an armed security guard. But unless you really look at the uniform closely you can't tell

Thank you for brightening a child's day. Rep added.

Blessings,
    Bill

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Valid criticism and a cop bash are two completely different things.

You should use your finely honed investigating skills to determine that, detective.

If you really were a cop in real life, you've heard more cop bashing and criticism from other cops than you ever will here.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Francis.jpg

Thank you for brightening a child's day. Rep added.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Excuse me?????
    Would you like me to link the thread where another member did exactly the same thing to me?????
    It seems that "some" people here can get away with things that other people get called out on. :dunno:

Last edited:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Valid criticism and a cop bash are two completely different things.

You should use your finely honed investigating skills to determine that, detective.

If you really were a cop in real life, you've heard more cop bashing and criticism from other cops than you ever will here.
    Your idea of valid criticism is in direct contradiction to mine.
    Making a suggestion and offering a solution is "valid criticism".
    Accusing LEO's of misconduct and malfeasance is NOT valid criticism.
    It is bashing!!!!
    Period!!!!!

BTW
    Yeah I was an Cop in "real life" and I'm proud to be on Inactive Duty status right now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Can't we all just get along? :) I even put a happy little smiley face in to lighten the mood!
    You bet....:)
    Just as soon as "some" people around here stop crapping on my, and a couple of million other peoples, chosen profession because of the actions of a minuscule number of their ranks.
    I've been hearing that crap since 1972 and it gets pretty damn old after a while. :noway:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You bet....:)
    Just as soon as "some" people around here stop crapping on my, and a couple of million other peoples, chosen profession because of the actions of a minuscule number of their ranks.
    I've been hearing that crap since 1972 and it gets pretty damn old after a while. :noway:

images

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I truly respect your chosen profession, Unclemike.

Best wishes to you and yours.

You have to love how he skipped right over LEaSH's post about how he respect LEO and gave UM best wishes, just to go pick at yours instead.

Grandpa Mike has to the the oldest troll on INGO. He's in his 60s (with the liver of a 90 year old drunk) and still gets satisfaction from stirring up **** when there's no **** to be stirred.

I would have bet my life that Mowsinowner (13) is older than UM (almost old enough to be our grandpa) if they didn't talk about their ages.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Excuse me?????
    Would you like me to link the thread where another member did exactly the same thing to me?????
    It seems that "some" people here can get away with things that other people get called out on. :dunno:

This thread isn't about cop bashers, or it wasn't until it was made that way, and no, I'm not saying you did that.
    The OP brightened a child's day and maybe, just maybe turned his fear of LEOs (reportedly caused by the TV show that usually attempts to glorify the job) into a much more pleasant impression.

I get what you said later in the thread about the constant slams on the profession. Sad to say, much of that comes from some of the attitudes those few officers you mentioned have displayed.

These threads don't have to be adversarial. My use of the graphic from Stripes was with that in mind.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom