• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eagle_Al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    To make a long story short. I was 15. Knock on the door. Like everyone else does, I opened the door. Two men with shotguns, one barrel forced into my chest to knock me down. Hands tied behind back, feet tied, pillow case tied over my head. Same scenario for my nephew who is 4 days older than me. He was with me that day. 30 minutes hogtied wondering if they will shoot us on their way out or not.
    Ask me if i EVER open the front door now without knowing who is on the other side, or if i dont know who is on the other side, do I have my gun pointed at the door, especially at night. I vowed this will never happen again. My doors stay locked when iam home, day or night.
    Other story. I was 14 and spending the night at my dads. Two dudes in their late teens wake me by walking thrue the house and my dad was in his late 60s. I acted like I was asleep until they left. Now I also vowed that if anyone every entered my house at night I will be ready. My gun is never further than arms length when I sleep. It is in a safe that uses your fingers to puse the right combo.
    Iam one of the most mellow try to avoid conflict people you will meet, but I dont intend on being a victim.
    I learned at a young age that it can happen to me.
    Thanks to all for listening.
    Al R.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    To make a long story short. I was 15. Knock on the door. Like everyone else does, I opened the door. Two men with shotguns, one barrel forced into my chest to knock me down. Hands tied behind back, feet tied, pillow case tied over my head. Same scenario for my nephew who is 4 days older than me. He was with me that day. 30 minutes hogtied wondering if they will shoot us on their way out or not.
    Ask me if i EVER open the front door now without knowing who is on the other side, or if i dont know who is on the other side, do I have my gun pointed at the door, especially at night. I vowed this will never happen again. My doors stay locked when iam home, day or night.
    Other story. I was 14 and spending the night at my dads. Two dudes in their late teens wake me by walking thrue the house and my dad was in his late 60s. I acted like I was asleep until they left. Now I also vowed that if anyone every entered my house at night I will be ready. My gun is never further than arms length when I sleep. It is in a safe that uses your fingers to puse the right combo.
    Iam one of the most mellow try to avoid conflict people you will meet, but I dont intend on being a victim.
    Al R.

:yesway:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    To make a long story short.

I want to hear the long version! What happened? They were stealing stuff out of your home for 30 minutes while you were tied up? They just left after that? Ever catch them? What year did this happen, and what town?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Al R.

I'm the same way, I hate conflict and only act when pushed to where I feel threatend. Luckaly I have never had a gun pointed at me, not including training. Must have been horrible, and cant imgagine how you felt. I always keep all my windows, and door locked at night. If there is a knock on the door, and I did not order pizza, not expecting a delivery, and I do not reconize the person. I will ask them who they are. If they do not respond, or act stupid then I will not open the door.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm the same way, I hate conflict and only act when pushed to where I feel threatend. Luckaly I have never had a gun pointed at me, not including training. Must have been horrible, and cant imgagine how you felt. I always keep all my windows, and door locked at night. If there is a knock on the door, and I did not order pizza, not expecting a delivery, and I do not reconize the person. I will ask them who they are. If they do not respond, or act stupid then I will not open the door.

Yep, I always have my doors locked, no matter what time of day it is.

bass pro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    west side guy
    Its always a good idea to keep your doors locked. Just about an hour ago, as I walked from the sun room to the kitchen for dinner, I noticed flashing lights in front of my house. I went outside to see what was going on. Found out the police and dea were chasing a suspect who parked his car at the end of my street(i live on a dead end) got out of his car with a pit bull, threw the dog over the fence and then jumped the fence and ran into the adj neighborhood. He could have ran into my house just as easy. Of course he would have found me with my gun, but what a scare!

Rshelbu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Al R.

Did this happen in Indiana ?

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    Its always a good idea to keep your doors locked. Just about an hour ago, as I walked from the sun room to the kitchen for dinner, I noticed flashing lights in front of my house. I went outside to see what was going on. Found out the police and dea were chasing a suspect who parked his car at the end of my street(i live on a dead end) got out of his car with a pit bull, threw the dog over the fence and then jumped the fence and ran into the adj neighborhood. He could have ran into my house just as easy. Of course he would have found me with my gun, but what a scare!

way to thread jack, now everyone is going to be interested in your story!

Eagle_Al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    it happened in indianapolis indiana. They took a few things that didnt amount to alot of money. The other part of the story is that I lived with my sister and bro-in-law. I was only 15 and my mom died the week before. Well unfortunately my sister and her husband routinely smoked the mary jew juana. This was the reason that brought the men to the house. I was just stuck in the middle. Also one day I kicked and ex friend out of my house along time ago because he was a bum running up my bills and not paying one red cent. Things excelated and one night he brought 2 carloads of guys to my house to take care of me. I pulled my gun and pointed it at the big boy. The next thing I know i hear "rack, rack". someone just finished cocking their 45 auto and was proceeding to lower it towards my head. I went inside being still young and scared and hit the floor. Called 911 while I kept my gun pointed down the hallway waiting for them to enter so i could unload the entire clip but they never came in the house but shot 2 holes thrue the house. I was like 22 and i will be 39 this month. That was the only time I truly had to pull my gun in 19 years of having a permit.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    3 potentially life thtreatening situations in 39 years? That's far too many. I think I would find a better place to live and/or a change in lifestyle.

Top Bottom