• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I love my wWilson 1911 in 10MM and also believe that it is the ideal handgun caliber for me. from light target loads to Wild Hog and Black Bear Killers! I have plans for many adventures for mine!

randygun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    10mm

bought first glock 20 gen 3 will buy more 10mm this year. but only glock or smith 610 and maybe cz razorback the rest are good but do they hold up. read they had to send them back in when fbi used them they fell apart .more info if you have it thanks

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The only issue I have with 10mm is ammo availability. You can find it, but you can't find it all of the places you can find 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP.

Beyond that, I've shot 10mm and it's a blast :).

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    However, the G20 can very easily be converted to shoot .40SW and .357Sig which derive from the 10mm Auto case. Only a barrel swap is needed. Unlike many other conversions, these are actually pretty reliable-- no extractor fishiness and radical changes to proper recoil spring pressure, etc. This adds a lot of versatility and aids the ammo availability aspect.

Can you? I thought the G20 ran on the same frame size as a G21... am I wrong?

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Glock G20 .40 Conversions | eHow.com

Well, according this, they can't be converted. If the frame size is the same as a G21, then the magazines wont fit in the magazine well. If this article is wrong, please someone de-bunk it! Thanks...

That article is incorrect. Using the 10mm mags will work with .40 and .357 sig because the casings are the same diameter. There will be front to back space as 10mm is longer than the other two. I know at least Lone Wolf sells barrels to do such a conversion, and I've heard its reliable. I dont have experience with this conversion, but I know its been done many times before.

Encore460Mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Huntingburg
    I really enjoy my G20sf also upgraded it a little with a storm lake barrel,DPM spring kit,wolf 3.5 trigger kit,meprolight adjustable night sights,great shooting gun going to be at my side anytime I go hunting from now on,15+1 rounds of 10mm pretty cool....

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    That article is incorrect. Using the 10mm mags will work with .40 and .357 sig because the casings are the same diameter. There will be front to back space as 10mm is longer than the other two. I know at least Lone Wolf sells barrels to do such a conversion, and I've heard its reliable. I dont have experience with this conversion, but I know its been done many times before.

Oh right on... thanks! Lone Wolf makes some awesome stuff... gotta love em!

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The 10mm is very popular down here in SWI, I have built several Para P-16 conversions in 10mm...16 rounds of full-power 10 is a force to be reckoned with in a very controllable package. Toss in a 6 or 7 inch "hunting" length barrel with a fully supported chamber and let the fun begin.

And we were building these before Para or Fusion got on the "Centimeter" bandwagon.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Can you? I thought the G20 ran on the same frame size as a G21... am I wrong?

The G20 and 21 are the same frame size, but the mags are the difference. The grips will feel the same.

If you're willing to swap slides, a G20 and become a G21 and vice versa if you use the matching mags. But you MUST use the correct mags.

As mentioned, 10mm mags feed .40 and .357Sig pretty well because the case OD is the same. Extractor groove is the same, too. Hence the relative reliability of the conversions.

H

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The 10mm is one cartridge that has, of yet, escaped me.

Of all the things I've fired in my life, and I've fired a lot, just can't seem to ever be around anyone with one!

Honestly, I don't want to OWN one - just shoot some rounds through it just to say that I have.

(.38 Super and .45 GAP are two other semi-common cartridges that I've not shot, either. *sad* )

Top Bottom