• ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I wouldn't trade my Sig Mosquito 22 for a G****
    That's some serious hatred right there! I'm definitely a Sig guy, and am lukewarm on the Glock, but the Mosquito is not exactly Sig's proudest moment, lol!

images

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That's some serious hatred right there! I'm definitely a Sig guy, and am lukewarm on the Glock, but the Mosquito is not exactly Sig's proudest moment, lol!

images
    I've seen quite a few of them broken.
    We have a early Walther 22 and a early Mosquito and my sons have shot the crap out of them with Fed Auto Match when they were boys.
    Not a problem with either, They have both been good pistols to us.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I haven’t tried a P320, but I really like my P365 with the Macro module.
    I am glad you are enjoying your P320. It really doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. It sounds like it really fits what you are looking for currently, so that’s great. It’s nice that we have so many options out there!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I agree with this statement. If it’s got one you HAVE to train during the draw stroke to remove it. I have several 1911’s, I have a BHP and I love those old nostalgic pistols. IF I carry one of them, I carry Condition 0 when I get into a “YELLOW’ awareness situation.

The pistols I normally carry, I do not have an external manual safety on: Glock (few nowadays), Sig (P320 & P365 X MACRO TACOPS (more often than not), P80 PF940 V2 or CL, serialized frames, (95% of the time).
    I prefer the grip angle of the P80 over both the Glock and the Sig but the Sig far and away above the Glock.
    I have thousands of rounds through my P80’s and have drop tested all of my carry guns from 8ft onto hard carpeted floors. No issues to this point and I expect none either.

Because of my age and my Dad, I transitioned from S&W revolvers to a 1911 (which I detest) to the Glock 22 when son #2 hired on with the SD to what I carry today.
    I am intimately involved in building my carry pistols too and I like that “closeness” to my self

Do you believe that dropping a pistol on to carpet is a fair equivalent to dropping it on hard flooring or concrete?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

This probably won't be popular with Sig P320 fans. Jump to 3:20 in video.

Seems he just is regurgitating old news and 320's not liking bottom end ammunition.
    Its no different than saying my Ruger MKII fails two times to eject with every magazine when I shoot Remington Golden Bucket of bullets.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well no kidding. I use snap caps. How ignorant could someone be?
    I didn’t see the question the first time around. Or if I did I thought it’d be stupid to answer in the affirmative, but here we are….
    I haven’t specifically dropped them. But I did get curious enough to slam them into the picnic table at the range at multiple angles. I can’t tell you how hard I hit them but it would be enough to make most people wince. Way harder than a drop, but on wood not concrete. It was enough I thought I’d have to re-zero my dots.

I also don’t have any snap caps but the firing pin was never released.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I didn’t see the question the first time around. Or if I did I thought it’d be stupid to answer in the affirmative, but here we are….
    I haven’t specifically dropped them. But I did get curious enough to slam them into the picnic table at the range at multiple angles. I can’t tell you how hard I hit them but it would be enough to make most people wince. Way harder than a drop, but on wood not concrete. It was enough I thought I’d have to re-zero my dots.

I also don’t have any snap caps but the firing pin was never released.
    I just thought it’d be self evident to not intentionally drop a loaded firearm. I mean, I thought we were all adults, but, it is the internet so…..guess I’m wrong.
    Yeah, I try to drop them so the slide goes back under inertia. Just me though. I’m not carrying a design that has, and the early P320’s did, fire when dropped. I’ve built some “custom” pistols and put a manufacturer’s “drop in trigger” in them….those get tested more than once! Lol

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I have three P320s. A P320X VTAC, a Compact, and a X Compact, the latter being my EDC with a Romeo1 Pro. None of them have ever fired a shot I didn't initiate by squeezing the bang switch. I even keep two of them in the same safe in hopes they'll reproduce.

I did see a video in which a guy got one to drop the striker twice. Once by repeatedly pounding the rear of the slide on a bench top and once by beating on the rear of the slide with a mallet. As an IPD retiree, I'm a firm believer that sometimes "non-gun-guy" types wear uniforms............. training notwithstanding.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    20240112_134009.jpg

Flux Raider X braced chassis came in today. This is probably the single best argument one can make for owning a P320. Still waiting for the dedicated slide so not fully assembled yet. Probably end up getting a dedicated FCU also. This thing is just super cool.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central

This probably won't be popular with Sig P320 fans. Jump to 3:20 in video.

I typically like that guy, and enjoy his videos, but my experience definitely differs on this. I have personally been using 4 P320s since 2017, and have thousands upon thousands of rounds through them. The only malfunction I can recall was when I was shooting a ton of cast lead handloads through one (like 2-3000 rounds over a one month period) and the striker gummed up with lead and lube residue and solvent and I started getting light strikes. I'd never removed the striker before. I took it out (10 second process), brushed it and hosed it off with brake clean, cleaned out the channel with a Q-Tip, put it back and was good to go. They've been through classes in rain, mud, sand, snow, ice...it was even on my hip when I went up to my neck in a swamp once, and another time when I got dumped out of a canoe. It always works, and is also easy to detail clean after you do horrible things to it. If I have any concerns about the P320, reliability is not one of them.

I've not seen any significant issues with them on the range in the hands of other officers, either, and we have a lot riding in holsters in this county. I hate to admit it because I really like them, but I've seen far more issues with classic Sigs (P226/P220/P229) than I have with the P320.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I wouldn't trade my Sig Mosquito 22 for a G****
    I’ll admit it! I’m an sig sauer fan boy! But that said I’ve seen enough sig mosquito problems that if I had one I trade it for a Glock any day of the week!…hell I’d trade a mosquito for a high point c9!

Honestly I’d trade a mosquito for a McDonald’s Big Mac happy meal!…(and I hate Big Macs!)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    View attachment 325252

Flux Raider X braced chassis came in today. This is probably the single best argument one can make for owning a P320. Still waiting for the dedicated slide so not fully assembled yet. Probably end up getting a dedicated FCU also. This thing is just super cool.
    I friend has one and I can’t remember how it happened, but his takedown lever locked up and he couldn’t disassemble it, I think it had something to do with him shooting it soppressed

But I shot it and it was pretty cool!

Top Bottom