• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I do have a stripped lower laying around but it’s a PSA..does striped lower matter?

Only to people trying to prove a point. There are very few real arguments against cheap lowers. One valid one being proper alignment of pin holes which can make a nice trigger feel bad. If your going mil spec why worry. Some complain about shallow threads for the grip I've never ran into one that was shallow enough to be a problem. Resale is the only real detractor, if the builder went cheap on the reciever what else did they cheap out on mentality. Mostly it's an ego issue. There are some trick lowers with built in ambi features, but you get into the proprietary realm with those.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I do have a stripped lower laying around but it’s a PSA..does striped lower matter?
    Not if everything is in spec, I’ve had several Andersons that were all out of spec, two with the mentioned short threads, short enough you could torque the grip they were returned, and one with out of spec pin holes, almost though they were 90’s Colt large pins. I’ve not had any problems with PSA’s stripped lowers as yet?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a factory built Daniel Defense M4A1 I'm gonna sell. 14.5" with the factory pinned and welded DD muzzle break. Has the anodized brown socom quad rail. Basicly it's as close as you get to the rifle socom fields without it being full auto. Just throwing it out there since you are looking for quality.

I have that exact rifle as well and it's easily my favorite shooter. Of all of the Ads in the collection, that one just seems right to me. The rest are really good but that one is definitely the best of what's in my safe.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have that exact rifle as well and it's easily my favorite shooter. Of all of the Ads in the collection, that one just seems right to me. The rest are really good but that one is definitely the best of what's in my safe.

That is reassuring to hear. I met with TriggerTime earlier today :D

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While not in the same class as the BCM and/or Barrett, I have a couple thousand rounds through an FN 15 and am well satisfied with the FNH product

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I finally bought a DD for my first AR after years if research. I like BCM a lot too....the only negative is they dont pin their gasblocks...they screw them.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I have a factory built Daniel Defense M4A1 I'm gonna sell. 14.5" with the factory pinned and welded DD muzzle break. Has the anodized brown socom quad rail. Basicly it's as close as you get to the rifle socom fields without it being full auto. Just throwing it out there since you are looking for quality.

Cerakoted...NOT anodized

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not knocking anyone's high dollar investments. I wonder where the line falls in waiting years for the perfect name brand rifle vs an inexpensive one or frankengun to be learning/shooting/practicing/training/competing with all of that time?

Same argument about a $1500 rifle you are afraid to get dirty or scratched vs a $6-800 user?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Not knocking anyone's high dollar investments. I wonder where the line falls in waiting years for the perfect name brand rifle vs an inexpensive one or frankengun to be learning/shooting/practicing/training/competing with all of that time?

Same argument about a $1500 rifle you are afraid to get dirty or scratched vs a $6-800 user?

I think it is definitely a better choice to get the best that you can afford at the time. No need for a casual shooter to have a DD or even a colt. People who want something to run classes with will definitely benefit from having a nicer rifle. I feel like most owners get their ar's out once every couple months. I have friends that wouldn't come shoot with me because it was too cold... My home assembled ar's have never had a hiccup, but I've never run them through a multi day training course either. I always grab my factory rifle for those.

If you spend 1500 on a rifle it is either to use it, or to show it. I am not afraid of scratches on my high end ar and ak rifles. I think if I had a handcrafted bolt or shot gun with beautiful exotic wood and a jeweled action that I may be upset with myself for dinking it up. Plastic, aluminum, and steel just doesn't have that kind of soul or even necessarily heirloom value. I would also be remiss if I had an heirloom grade preban ak with factory furniture if I beat it up.

I see no issues going cheap if you are only planning on plinking. I see no reason in going cheap if you will depend on it to get you through a competition, training, or some other professional use. I do cringe when I see a 1500+ rifle with amazon airsoft optics or bui's though...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

I’ll Yeager the **** out of my LMT MRP if there is a reason to do it, that’s $1500-2000. I don’t really buy waiting years for the perfect name brand vs. a POS. Most people are spoiled instant gratification brats with no self control. If they can save $500 for a get by rifle, they buy it. Then they come on INGO for help because it doesn’t work right, then...well, nevermind. Point of story is, if you can save $500 for a get by, you can save $1000 for a quality rifle.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    The ddm4a1 in question does have a military approved flat dark green anodized handguard, not cerakoted.

He said brown

:dunno:

BTW....I've never seen or heard of any DD anodized in any other color other than black. Please someone post some pics of this! Would be awesome to see.

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    FWIW I got my DDV11 for $1377.00 from TombStone Tactical. It's plain anodized black. This was the cheapest I think I've ever seen a new DD. I didn't really want a keymod rail but all the models with M-lok were more expensive.

Hmmmm....wonder why? Is the industry dumping keymod finally? It is the 15 inch Slim rail. I love it but would rather it have been M-lok

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    FWIW I got my DDV11 for $1377.00 from TombStone Tactical. It's plain anodized black. This was the cheapest I think I've ever seen a new DD. I didn't really want a keymod rail but all the models with M-lok were more expensive.

Hmmmm....wonder why? Is the industry dumping M-Lok finally? It is the 15 inch Slim rail. I love it but would rather it have been M-lok
    The M-lok won the rail wars, until the next neatest comes along. More likely KeyMod will be diminishing, if not disappearing.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    He said brown

:dunno:

BTW....I've never seen or heard of any DD anodized in any other color other than black. Please someone post some pics of this! Would be awesome to see.

It is a brown my bad on putting Green, they did have a green tho. They called it military flat dark Earth so more dark than the Magpul fde. Kind of hard to see in my crying cell camera

Attachments

• IMG_20180407_001106797.jpg
      IMG_20180407_001106797.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 20

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Is there no love for a nice Noveske built rifle.
    Noveske was good stuff before Johns death for sure. Since his passing, the reports have been less than stellar, but I have no actual knowledge of that. All the Noveskes I have ever handled and or fired have been top notch.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I stopped by a small gun shop today and was blown away they had the FN, the BCM recce 16, and the DDM4V7! Every gun I wanted to try in one place, it was great! I played with all of them and I think I’ve decided to go with the ddm4. The only thing I didn’t like was the pistol grip. Ergonomics were great but the grip was too slim for my hands, but thats an easy fix. The bcm actually came in last out of the ones I tried which I was surprised about. I don’t think I could have gone wrong with either to be honest.

vugger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I am a big fan of LWRCi and have owned/shot a lot of their rifles. Yes, there are proprietary parts, which can create a concern, but they are damn near bullet proof. I have LMT as well and they are very good too... Can't go wrong with either.

Top Bottom