Why is everyone shocked that a big gun ban is looming?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yes, "Something is different this time." Obama got re-elected. The NRA knew a ban would happen if Obama got a second term and told everyone so a hundred times.

Several people even on this forum said that Obama expanded their gun rights, so they liked the status quo. Sorry, but that was dumb and totally complacent. I accepted that my gun rights were screwed on election day. The Newtown shooter just sped up the inevitable.

The best we can hope for now is some leverage from our Republican House. But if they don't play along with Obama's demands then he will bypass them. We already compromised our gun rights by keeping obama. So you can talk crap about Republicans all you want, but I don't see ANY Democrats, or Libertarians protecting your gun rights in congress.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    First of all, your the one that keeps starting polls in regards to compromising our gun rights, like we're going to get something in return.

Second, Mitt Romney was no friend of the second amendment. Ever been to Massachusetts? Our founding fathers buried there were rolling in their graves way before he was Governor. But the weapon ban he signed into effect is one of the strictest in the country. Our gun rights were screwed way before the November. The GOP basically ran a re-election committee for BHO. So excuse me if I didn't trust Obamney, and "waisted" my vote on Gary Johnson.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Damn right, this is all Romney's fault. He didn't actually sign an AWB but we will say he did so it fits our narrative. Let's get back to the economy so we can go back to blaming Bush... blaming Romney is so much less exciting...

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    But+the+Christianity+and+race+part+are+extremely+biased.+The+_131c23832d566cb1a230cb8d8074fffd.jpg

Top Bottom