• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    None. They blame the gun for making the poor, disadvantaged person commit the crime. It's not a conscience issue for them because they don't recognize the reality of the individual's ability to defend him- or herself. They can't recognize that because it's not something they feel capable of doing themselves, therefore, no one else could either.

It's very sad, I think.

Blessings,
    Bill

They also don't recognize they fact that a person is responsible for their own actions. It's much easier to believe the lie that it's society's fault for making life so hard on poor ole' joe dirtbag. WE are responsible for Joe Schmoe's criminal actions because WE didn't show him enough love and respect when he was sh&*^%ting his diapers.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    None. They blame the gun for making the poor, disadvantaged person commit the crime. It's not a conscience issue for them because they don't recognize the reality of the individual's ability to defend him- or herself. They can't recognize that because it's not something they feel capable of doing themselves, therefore, no one else could either.

It's very sad, I think.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Eh, Republicans blame things that aren't the root cause either. How many Republicans are in favor of castration when most rapes are a control, or power, issue. That would cause people to just use "tools" to get the person to submit. It's not causing the problem. Moreso, many things that have to do with censorship (the only thing the two sides seem to agree on) or anything that has to do with sex coming from the Rep's.

*shrug* Seems like everyone has self-hate issues going on and secretly trying to protect themselves.

So in short, I agree with you but I think that applies to anyone.

Stschil: I actually find it more elementary to hate an individual than try to understand them. *shrug* Once again, people need to be held accountable but its much simpler to say "off with their heads" than to have the compassion to fix the ones who are willing, and able to be "saved."

But then again, there I go with that radical idea of compassion and forgiveness. :rolleyes:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Eh, Republicans blame things that aren't the root cause either. How many Republicans are in favor of castration when most rapes are a control, or power, issue. That would cause people to just use "tools" to get the person to submit. It's not causing the problem. Moreso, many things that have to do with censorship (the only thing the two sides seem to agree on) or anything that has to do with sex coming from the Rep's.

*shrug* Seems like everyone has self-hate issues going on and secretly trying to protect themselves.

So in short, I agree with you but I think that applies to anyone.

Stschil: I actually find it more elementary to hate an individual than try to understand them. *shrug* Once again, people need to be held accountable but its much simpler to say "off with their heads" than to have the compassion to fix the ones who are willing, and able to be "saved."

But then again, there I go with that radical idea of compassion and forgiveness. :rolleyes:

I'm not suggesting the 'off with the heads' is the answer. Just that, as a society, we have been conditioned that if someone isn't acting within the norm, it's not their fault nor their responsibility to correct it. There is always some outside influence to blame, thereby giving wrongdoers an excuse. This isn't a Dem/Rep, Lib/Con, arguement for me. All are guilty of it because they all forget that it's the citizens as a whole they are supposed to represent, instead they represent their own best interest and pander to voting blocks with 'feel good' legislation that will re-elect them and keep their cushy job intact and the unearned $$ flowing into their bank account.

I personally obtain great personal satisfaction by helping others help themselves. There is no better feeling than seeing the pride in anothers face when they have reached the summit of whatever individual goal they are climbing and the knowledge that I helped them get there. To just hand it to them leaves things very flat.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime", I believe is how the old saying goes...

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I'm not suggesting the 'off with the heads' is the answer. Just that, as a society, we have been conditioned that if someone isn't acting within the norm, it's not their fault nor their responsibility to correct it. There is always some outside influence to blame, thereby giving wrongdoers an excuse. This isn't a Dem/Rep, Lib/Con, arguement for me. All are guilty of it because they all forget that it's the citizens as a whole they are supposed to represent, instead they represent their own best interest and pander to voting blocks with 'feel good' legislation that will re-elect them and keep their cushy job intact and the unearned $$ flowing into their bank account.

I personally obtain great personal satisfaction by helping others help themselves. There is no better feeling than seeing the pride in anothers face when they have reached the summit of whatever individual goal they are climbing and the knowledge that I helped them get there. To just hand it to them leaves things very flat.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime", I believe is how the old saying goes...
    I dont think, as a society, we're taught that at all. I think what is conveyed in the teletube is mixed up with what the majority thinks. I think people's mind's are a very complicated thing and things can effect them. I think it's the court and jury's duty to decide what was the deciding factor. Kind of building on this, my girlfriend was ranting about how that guy from AZ may plead insanity because around where she grew up there was a mother than brutally killed one of her children and did that. I've had several law classes where the teacher had to spent time with the class to convey to these very sheltered and conservative (not that they're one in the same, just painting a picture) kids that the insanity plea (as well as the twinkie defense) rarely work. However, as a society, we make strong emotional ties to things and assume they're the norm because they're what we think about.

For example, do I think video games have an effect on children? I believe they can. I grew up with them and I believe I'm fine, but that doesn't mean they can't or don't have an effect of some sort. Do I blame video games? No. My first assumption is to blame the parents. Why the hell was your kid playing that video game so much or arguments of that nature. If the crime was committed when the person was much older when they've had no record prior? They're starting to run out of excuses in my book. People are really peculiar and what may set them off may seem odd to others. For example, I don't know about you but I know of people who have lost loved ones (maybe even a pet) and will become, in the least, detached because of something I think is silly that reminded them of that pet/person. People have all sorts of odd triggers. We're not them, so subjecting them to our triggers and our emotional ties is silly. I could go in to Upper vs Middle vs Lower class values as well but thats real touchy and some people refuse to concede anything or show any amount of compassion when it comes to that.

I very much believe in accountability though, I just don't post much about it because it's redundant. Everyone else here has it covered (although not always with the best intentions).

If you truly believe in helping people, then you would want to "save" those who are willing and able. Not everyone who commits a crime is evil (although i now don't think you believe that, though i can't speak for everyone).

/soapbox

Top Bottom