Why is the Govt. stockpiling guns and ammo--interesting article.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I just read this article on Drudge. Did you vote on the poll? It said most believe that Obama is going to declare martial law...IDK about that but all signs point to that being a distinct possibility.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Would anything Obama did surprise me? No. His strategy is like a Python's -- strangle and squeeze with the occasional quick tightening crunch. Once all his policies, like a Python's coils, are in place I fear we will be out of time.

Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    The author is a typical WND.com crackpot.

FBI, Border Patrol, US Marshals, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. They all have guns. They all go to the range to practice. Nice work if you can get it. Does it really surpricse anyone that Homeland Security buys "massive amounts of ammunition (hollow points, by the way)". Why would you even listen to someone who think hollow points are scary?

This is not an interesting article. It's a bunch dumb one liners:

"Think about it." OK I did. Nothing to see here.

"These words – 'civilian national security force' – have haunted me ever since I first read them." Call the Ghostbusters.

"Doesn’t this sound like police-state talk to you?" No, It sounds like a massive govt agency is happily spending taxpayer money on ammo so they can go to the range.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012

FBI, Border Patrol, US Marshals, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. They all have guns. They all go to the range to practice. Nice work if you can get it. Does it really surpricse anyone that Homeland Security buys "massive amounts of ammunition (hollow points, by the way)". Why would you even listen to someone who think hollow points are scary?

"These words – 'civilian national security force' – have haunted me ever since I first read them." Call the Ghostbusters.

"Doesn’t this sound like police-state talk to you?" No, It sounds like a massive govt agency is happily spending taxpayer money on ammo so they can go to the range.

Why would you use hollow points to practice with? I have many, many friends in the military and I know firsthand they have NEVER practiced with hollowpoints. It's too costly and that's not practice ammo, it's killing ammo. Regardless if he's crazy or not, take everything that's said with a grain of salt until the proof is there.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson

Do you use hollow points for target practice? I don't, but that is what they say most of the ammo is being used for. Plus, the huge quantities the government is buying and through agencies such as NOAA raises some serious questions in my mind. And Obama did make that statement about a "civilian national security force"--apparently a Federally controlled militia, while civilian militias are being scrutinized? And the recent purchase order released concerning 7000 fully automatic "Personal Defense Weapons" while characterizing our semi-automatic ones as "Assault Weapons"? None of that sets off even so much as a yellow alert in your mind? Really?

Icejon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Hollow points are duty ammo. I would guess they practice with the duty ammo so at 100 yards their point of impact and point aim is the same between weak FMJ and JHP. I am not too alarmed. If they buy .40 and there are overruns, its more ammunition for me surplus.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hmmm....I can't think of a single reason that a government with dozens of law enforcement arms and a large military would stockpile ammunition and arms.

So....how many guns and much ammunition were bought during the Reagan and two Bush administrations?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do you use hollow points for target practice...

I would if I could afford to or I wasn't paying for the ammo. Both apply to the government. I do, in fact, run a few boxes of any defense ammo through any gun I plan to use it in. Everyone should.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Are we being baited by a noob? Really feel a need to respond to absurd responses? JHP is not a practice Ammo? Yup..JHP us not used by the military. Yup.. .gov IS putting us in a hurt locker by drying up common ammo. Yup...Ok. Where is the purple when it's needed? Probably being used up by .gov too. C'mon guys, admit it, the 27's and the 12's must be right! Too new to be foil heads and too sensible to be ignored.....Right????

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I get practicing with duty ammo, I get it. But why stockpile if you don't intend to use it? Maybe I'm a bit of a skeptic...

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Like everything I read, regardless of source, I try to locate the original and read it for myself without potential bias from the person posting the relayed information. This allows me to decide what I think about it on my own. Here is his speech courtesy of factcheck.org. I invite you to do the same.
    Obama, July 2, Colorado Springs, CO: [As] president I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.
    People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.
    We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.
    We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.
    This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I did almost 21 years in the army, and we never used hollow points for range qualification....not once. The only people that I knew that MAY have used hollow points are our snipers, and they used special match grade ammo for their shots, not the normal 7.62mm used in our M240B's. What I find strange is that last year, supposedly a government entity, the exact one escapes my memory, bought 750 million rounds of civilian .223/5.56mm rounds. The excuse was for training purposes.....however, Most government agencies get their ammo from the same place our troops get it from, government run ammo plants. I don't believe in coincidences, so with that in mind......why exactly DID this agency purchase that many rounds off the civilian market?

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Its the speech the article from the OP is based on and what the news article from WND is basing their theories and beliefs on. It's the starting point of all of this.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Re: Army using HP rounds.

If I recall correctly, anything other than ball ammo is strictly prohibited by the Geneva Convention against humans according to the Rules of War.

Top Bottom