• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Yugos are going for cheap right now. Whole crap ton of them on the market. There's two or three different models floating around.

It would be a good buy.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Non-sportered Yugo barreled actions could be bought for $40 10-12 years ago. Less if the barrel was beaten up.

I wrenched on a few as part of an effort to turn a Mouser into something but it never panned out.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    1st I do agree with the market price of 200 or so for a m24/27, its just the way the market is.... But considering the quality firearm you are getting its a better gun...

You have a firearm that was made old school Mauser ways, Made in Yugoslavia copying one the greatest rifles, the Czech VZ-24.. Now as if that was not enough.. then the Yugoslavian government Spent tons of money and time cleaning up and refurbishing all the old war rifles and placed them into their reserve arsenals. Then they spent lots of money keeping them in good condition for years.. Then someone took time to load these guns on a boat and ship them over to this country. Just to sell them to you for a couple of hundred bucks...

For the money, you can not buy that kind of service today ...

Oh by the way did I mention that this gun fires perhaps one of the greatest rounds ever designed..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And a 91/30 Mosin should be 99$

I just kinda expected any mauser to be more expensive than that, with the cost of things these days...

There are a LOT of different varieties of milsurp Mausers out there. As mentioned upthread, the Yugo and Turk flavors are down near the bottom price-wise (although they're still fine rifles). Persians are getting near the top of the price range, at least amongst the semi-common ones, and those will generally set you back $500 - $900 depending on condition.

To get a idea of just how many there are, take a look at this: Mauser Military Rifles of the World - Robert W.D. Ball - Google Books

You'll get a sampling at that link, but the hard cover book has them all...

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I bought an m48 about 7 years ago for $80 on aimsurplus. Bore wasn't pristine, but it's a heck of a rifle for less than a Benjamin.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I bought them for fifty bucks before and flipped them.

Guns never go down. If it is worth it to you grab one. Shoot it a few years and I sure you could sell at a profit.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    1st I do agree with the market price of 200 or so for a m24/27, its just the way the market is.... But considering the quality firearm you are getting its a better gun...

You have a firearm that was made old school Mauser ways, Made in Yugoslavia copying one the greatest rifles, the Czech VZ-24.. Now as if that was not enough.. then the Yugoslavian government Spent tons of money and time cleaning up and refurbishing all the old war rifles and placed them into their reserve arsenals. Then they spent lots of money keeping them in good condition for years.. Then someone took time to load these guns on a boat and ship them over to this country. Just to sell them to you for a couple of hundred bucks...

For the money, you can not buy that kind of service today ...

Oh by the way did I mention that this gun fires perhaps one of the greatest rounds ever designed..

The Yugo 24/47 is a fine rifle, well made, and often found with a like new barrel because of the arsenal refurbishment after WW2. The only reason for its lower price compared to other mauser versions is the fact that J&G and other wholesalers still have them in inventory, due to the large quantity imported.

Once the wholesale supply is gone, the market price will go up, same as the Turk rifles have outpaced inflation the last several years.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    And a 91/30 Mosin should be 99$

I just kinda expected any mauser to be more expensive than that, with the cost of things these days...

I am actually basing that on one I sold last week in the shop for $200 and the one I have remaining for $200....The market is seeming to say $200....It's not me saying that, it's the consumer....

Based on the market a 91/30 should be $169.99-$189.99 because that is what they are selling for........

Top Bottom