• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Bosma deserves much of the criticism he gets on the constitutional carry thing. But we gun owners have only ourselves to blame. How many on this thread have ever shown up at a committee meeting when it's been discussed before? I know Kelly, and Brother Bill, and Kirk regularly show up at those things. If you think it's worth getting (and I do), we ALL need to do a better job of showing up and speaking up. Bosma (and the other republicans) are only going to see the light when we get enough people turning up the heat. (Yeah, I know he's out after this but you see my point).

I was there when Smaltz informed us on how poorly this issue performs on their legislative surveys. How many of us even bother to fill them out? Have you talked to your family members and coached them up on how to answer their sometimes screwy language on this issue?

We don't have it because we haven't put the work in it to get them to move on it. Leaning exclusively on the lone NRA guy that shows up, Jim Lucas, Guy Relford, a few other republicans in the legislature, and a hand full of INGO members hasn't cut it before, and it probably won't cut it then.

(And I'm not sympathetic to the complaint I've heard more than once that goes something like "....well, golly gosh! I work for a living...I don't have time to go to the state house...I'm too busy, darn it!").

I hate to say it, but I haven't seen a single posting on these committee meetings. I'm sure they exist. Is there some thread I can follow or some other way of being notified? If we really want a heavy INGO presence at such a meeting, maybe we can convince Texkev to run a banner to get people's attention?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hate to say it, but I haven't seen a single posting on these committee meetings. I'm sure they exist. Is there some thread I can follow or some other way of being notified? If we really want a heavy INGO presence at such a meeting, maybe we can convince Texkev to run a banner to get people's attention?

Thanks. Subscribed.

Every year me or Kelly or Bill of Rights or Brother Bill start one...usually towards the end of the year. (The session starts shortly after the first of the year). They usually don’t get nearly the traffic your average break room thread does, so they probably don’t bump up to the top of the new activity list. This year was such a lack luster session, even I had trouble staying engaged in it.

Jim Lucas and Guy Relford are making no bones about it, constitutional carry will be pushed again next session. We’ll need a big push from all of us to get it done!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :rockwoot: Put another in the ConC column! Makes it better for Indiana in 2021.

Well...not yet. :). By my reading, it’s just passed a committee. But that’s progress! And yes, with every state that passes it and with it, there’s no “blood in the streets”, that’s good for us. :thumbsup:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well...not yet. :). By my reading, it’s just passed a committee. But that’s progress! And yes, with every state that passes it and with it, there’s no “blood in the streets”, that’s good for us. :thumbsup:

I meant "if" we put another State in the ConC column, better chances for Indiana. "Blood in the streets"... I was just thinking about that the other day. The antis predicted "blood in the streets" when: preemption, securing firearms in vehicles on school property, allowing those with protection orders against individuals to carry without a LTCH for 60 days, Church Carry, civil immunity, strengthened protections under Laird Law, all passed and became law. Blood in the streets never happened. A reminder of that may be coming in January.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I meant "if" we put another State in the ConC column, better chances for Indiana. "Blood in the streets"... I was just thinking about that the other day. The antis predicted "blood in the streets" when: preemption, securing firearms in vehicles on school property, allowing those with protection orders against individuals to carry without a LTCH for 60 days, Church Carry, civil immunity, strengthened protections under Laird Law, all passed and became law. Blood in the streets never happened. A reminder of that may be coming in January.

Hey, I have an idea. The Lawrence county 2A FB page has been pretty active, leading up to that rally you attended and the presentation to the commission. If it can last until next session, I’m going to see if I can get a few of them to go with me to the committee meetings. We should put our heads together, maybe coordination with Guy’s 2A Project so that when it’s time to get up there and testify, we can present a good case...so that we don’t look like a bunch of mal-programmed robots that the demanding moms look like when they speak.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey, I have an idea. The Lawrence county 2A FB page has been pretty active, leading up to that rally you attended and the presentation to the commission. If it can last until next session, IÂ’m going to see if I can get a few of them to go with me to the committee meetings. We should put our heads together, maybe coordination with GuyÂ’s 2A Project so that when itÂ’s time to get up there and testify, we can present a good case...so that we donÂ’t look like a bunch of mal-programmed robots that the demanding moms look like when they speak.

I like how you're thinking GFGT! Keep the people (who can speak in public, we saw them do it) engaged and ready to take a trip or two (two is both the House and Senate committee hearings if there is just one bill) and ready to do 2-3 minutes. You still got lunch (or dinner) on me if you make it up here to testify GFGT.

Coordination: now you're talking! The mad moms all spout the same BS talking points and I ain't seen one of them yet worth a **** at speaking in public. We can coordinate to make sure we're all hitting different points.

Combine all this with being in the Public Policy Committee with Ben Smaltz as the Chair. He calls antis first, then supporters. We follow the mad moms with a bunch of solid 2A supporters you can bring it, have the NRA-ILA Lobbyist as the set-up, and Guy as the closer? That is how ya do it!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I like how you're thinking GFGT! Keep the people (who can speak in public, we saw them do it) engaged and ready to take a trip or two (two is both the House and Senate committee hearings if there is just one bill) and ready to do 2-3 minutes. You still got lunch (or dinner) on me if you make it up here to testify GFGT.

Coordination: now you're talking! The mad moms all spout the same BS talking points and I ain't seen one of them yet worth a **** at speaking in public. We can coordinate to make sure we're all hitting different points.

Combine all this with being in the Public Policy Committee with Ben Smaltz as the Chair. He calls antis first, then supporters. We follow the mad moms with a bunch of solid 2A supporters you can bring it, have the NRA-ILA Lobbyist as the set-up, and Guy as the closer? That is how ya do it!!
    :thumbsup:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why we don't have CC.

1) Various police organizations tell their legislatures that they "need" the license, or it will make it harder, or more cops will die.
    2) Those same legislatures get survey's, polls, and letters from people. And not enough people believe in CC, or have misinformation about CC.
    3) With the police orgs (not all police, but the leaders of many of them) against it, and not enough of their constituents pushing for it, well they're not going to stick their necks out.

So, we need to correct the misinformation.
    We need more INGOers to send letters, fill out surveys.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why we don't have CC.

1) Various police organizations tell their legislatures that they "need" the license, or it will make it harder, or more cops will die.
    2) Those same legislatures get survey's, polls, and letters from people. And not enough people believe in CC, or have misinformation about CC.
    3) With the police orgs (not all police, but the leaders of many of them) against it, and not enough of their constituents pushing for it, well they're not going to stick their necks out.

So, we need to correct the misinformation.
    We need more INGOers to send letters, fill out surveys.

^^^THIS!!!^^^

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008

Don’t forget automatic knives. How many years were they unnecessarily illegal to carry in Indiana? Was knife crime reduced by that law? Was anyone prosecuted during those years? After the ban was lifted, murder-by-switchblade did not become rampant.

Too many useless laws on the books. All such laws should automatically expire after 10 years unless they can be proven to be useful and accomplished their intended objectives. Otherwise they just keep piling on more laws. Similarly, didn’t Trump mandate reduced federal regulations?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why has not Constitutional Carry been proposed and passed in Indiana?
    Part of it is we have lifetime LTCH that are relatively easy to get. There's no training req., no interview, no photo, and it's not too expensive.

There's plenty of people who have a lifetime Larry, and think, "CC? Why should I care about that? I'm good for life."

Do you agree that we are middle of the road at best? Should we all move before IN turns anti-2A like Virginia did?
    No. ....and Whaa?? That's a huge leap, right there.

CC is but one issue, and given the mitigating circumstance of having easy access to a lifetime Larry, it's not as big of an issue as other places.

Honestly, I see CC in Indiana as a moral victory and not as practical. Which is almost indicated by calling it "Constitutional Carry" and not simply "Unlicensed Carry".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Unlimited licenses shall be issued for the purpose of the protection of life and property"
    So....did Indiana adopt legal use of lethal force to protect your property? What's the definition of property? If it's just your dwelling then the castle doctrine has that covered. I also believe if you're in your vehicle that's considered your castle also.

My first thought is that not all gun uses are versus humans and that livestock, crops, etc. would be considered property. There's been no changes to use of force laws.

Top Bottom