12   0   0
    Last edited:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I know it's supposed to be a nice news story, and maybe I'm just the most cynical jerk in the world, but man that just seems like exploiting someone with a disability to me. If it was just some dude she went to high school with no one would care. It might even be creepy that he was so obsessive about memorabilia.

But he's disabled so it's the talk of the town, for ratings.

Jennifer Lawrence is quite lovely and seems like a very decent person though. I'm not knocking her, just the TV station.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I know it's supposed to be a nice news story, and maybe I'm just the most cynical jerk in the world, but man that just seems like exploiting someone with a disability to me. If it was just some dude she went to high school with no one would care. It might even be creepy that he was so obsessive about memorabilia.

Actually I consider myself the most cynical jerk in the world...There is not room for two of us..:D

I didn't see it as exploitive...They have been best friends since they were kids and very few "stars" stay tight with their childhood friends, disabled or not..She has. As my Papaw used to say "she ain't got above her raisin". An interview with her willl show she stays very grounded...I think this young man and their friendship may be a part of what keeps her grounded..The young man's mother and Jennifer's mother said he used to always say "Jenny's gonna be famous someday" and as far as the obsession with her articles being creepy...Er...Uh....Well let's just say I have an extensive Elmer Keith archive/collection going...And I never went to school with him...:):

The truth is the media lives by exploitation...Liberal Hippy douchebag Don Henley summed it up best with the song "Dirty Laundry"...I guess the gist of the post was a positive news story about a local girl that has hit it big and stayed true to herself and her roots...The young mans disabilty is really not the story but it did make it a little more touching...

All offered IMHO ofcourse..With:twocents: for good measure.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am reviving this thread due to a text I got from my Brother the other night...A lady he works with has a Down Syndrome child who is battling Leukmia and is at Kosairs Childrens Hospital...She sent him a text saying "Guess who just knocked on the door at the hospital room and spent a 1/2 hour sitting and talking "girl stuff" with my daughter?"

No press...No cameras...Just Mom, Dad, and Ms. Lawrence...The pics from the visit are all via Twitter from the staff or patients..In this season of Miley Cyrus Twerking it's nice to see this young lady staying true to her upbringing and bringing a little joy to children who may not live to see another Christmas...

IMHO she is a true class act....

Neil Diamond (or Deep Purple) had it right....

"Kentucky Woman shines with her own kind of Light..."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm thinking Jennifer knows she's lucky better than Joan knows she (Joan) is lucky.

And, you'd think since Joan picks on other people, for a career, she'd have thicker skin.

Top Bottom