• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I am not understanding why there is still a shortage of some handguns. I was recently told by the asst mgr at a LGS that gun manufacturers are not shipping and that is why they cannot order me a gun. Is that true? Are the gun manufacturers holding stock? I have been looking for a SA XDE for some time and cannot find it yet the MP 9mm EZ seems to be on sale and available in many places. I know it has been a banner year for gun sales, but to pretty much wipe out a majority of stock in less than a year is hard for me to grasp.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    sales.png

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ammo is nowhere to be found, handguns are in the case where I was today (Fort Liberty) and have been for a while. When the COVID hit (March-April) and when the riots hit (May-June) the place looked like Mother Hubbard's cupboard. No ARs, no shotguns, no handguns south of $850.

Gen 3 and 5 Glocks, Hellcats and P365s there today. Several Shields, only saw one M&P 9. Several 1911s.

I'm considering picking up a .41 Magnum, I can find Hog Hammer ammo for it.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    XDE was in at Top Guns last week. They seem to get plenty of guns in out there...

I did a quick scan on Armslist, plenty of dealer listings that say they will ship.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    My gut feeling says with the manufacturing shutdown, then riots, then election, and entering an unknown due to multiple factors (fill in you fear);
    -Private sales will stay sky high. People keep taking about ‘it’s in my name’ and don’t want to buy at dealer.
    -ammo will be hard to find, and prices will be hard to swallow, this is THE biggest issue.
    -online firearm sales will stay high longer than they should (captive email and quarantine market)
    -LGS will be have stock after online and sell for normal(ish) prices. they need the business and this point deserve it more than ever.

Just a humble observers option.

Trees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2016
    The sticks
    Some of the manufactures may be having a hard time getting components for their guns. I don't know for sure but that is possible. If their suppliers where shut down for a long period of time for the covid, I would guess they would be struggling to get parts out.

Top Bottom