• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am not understanding why there is still a shortage of some handguns. I was recently told by the asst mgr at a LGS that gun manufacturers are not shipping and that is why they cannot order me a gun. Is that true? Are the gun manufacturers holding stock? I have been looking for a SA XDE for some time and cannot find it yet the MP 9mm EZ seems to be on sale and available in many places. I know it has been a banner year for gun sales, but to pretty much wipe out a majority of stock in less than a year is hard for me to grasp.

1. Sales are beyond anything we have seen in the past. Like water hitting a hot stove, the guns disappear when they come in from the wholesaler.

2. Covid-19 adversely impacted some firearms makers, Caracal is the best example. There were issues in Croatia as well.

3. Parts shortages/labor problems have adversely impacted some firearms makers, especially in platforms such as AR-15s.

4. The "majority of stock" is not sitting in some warehouse in Ohio, most of the wholesalers do the Japanese "just in time" inventory. Just as most gun owners think that they can "store" ammo at Rural King (I was told this over and time when I was loading up on ammo 2016 to 2019 and friends rolled their eyes at me). This works with a stable, predictable market, not so much now.

Anywho, all of us on INGO knew this was coming, have to let it play out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    At my LGS, it seems like they just keep getting the same models in over and over. It almost feels like the Mfrs are going to just keep their lines making their big sellers for as long as they keep selling out. Which I can understand (before the dimwits jump in). But if you are looking for something less common we may be SOL for awhile.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No guns south of $850 at FT Liberty?!? Thanks for the heads up, I was going to stop the other night, but I didn't, now I am glad I didn't.

What about SR Jenkins, I can stop there this Thursday, they may have Blue Label Glocks. I don't need another one, but.................who knows, 17 or 19 ?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No guns south of $850 at FT Liberty?!? Thanks for the heads up, I was going to stop the other night, but I didn't, now I am glad I didn't.

What about SR Jenkins, I can stop there this Thursday, they may have Blue Label Glocks. I don't need another one, but.................who knows, 17 or 19 ?
    Today you have all kinds of choices. My nothing less than $850 comment was when the Covid got bad, and the riots got worse. Plenty of firearms there today, just not much to feed them.

Top Bottom