• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    My first gun was the 92fs I got 5yrs ago. I love it I still use it for my duty weapon when I do armed security

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    I have heard military men complaining about the mags lately though. They don't seem sand friendly.

We aren't issued factory mags so they jam with or without sand. I regularly experience jams immediately after cleaning while on a sanitary range. Sand or no sand, non-factory mags are bad mojo. They are cheaper than factory mags, so that is why the gov't purchases them and you get what you pay for. :dunno:

chadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    They sell pretty well and aren't too expensive. They're big enough to not be great at conceal carry, but they're not heavy. I like mine and it shoots great. Only real complaint I've heard others make is that they like to be kept clean and wet, which is pretty much how I shoot mine anyway. Not wet but I grease the rails. I clean after the range anyway so I've had no problems at all.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I carried one my last few years in the military. They are like carrying a bucket of rocks. Great pistol, but I don't want to have to pull my pants up every four steps. My FNS gives me two more rounds and nearly 9oz lighter.
    Don't get me wrong I love the Beretta, there are just better suited to my needs pistols. :twocents:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So I don't get it - the army loves it, but few carry them for SD, and I don't think I've ever seen on in competition.

What gives? I thought they feel good and have decent controls so why doesn't it sell better?
    :dunno:

All I can say is that I dearly love my commercial M9. Quite possibly the only gun which I would never consider selling. ;)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The pistol is large and you need large hands and/or long fingers to operate the pistol. Anyway, that is the reason I sold mine. I have short thick german hands/fingers.

It's not Beretta's fault that you don't have enough Scots-Irish blood in your pedigree! :D

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I am sure it is a nice gun, since the army had it for years or decades. I have never shot one. The day I went to shop for a 9mm, they had a 92F and a Sig P226 next to each other, after playing with both, I picked the Sig. And I have no regret.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I had a p89 and couldn't hit a jug of water at 5yds. Jump on the 92 and I shoot bowling pins at 50yds.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    All these guys complaining about the weight have to be younger guys. Us old folks that carried 1911's around think the Berettas are lightweights!
    I own a 92FS and a newer 92G, carried the M9 in South America and the Gulf. I still occasionally will CCW the 92G. Shot expert with the 92 in both the military and IDPA. No complaints here!

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    The 92FS was my first semi-auto pistol purchase. I really like the gun.

The only issue I ever had was with ball ammo hanging on the ramp.

I to am like some of the other posters; it is a bit heavy and I just don't want to mess up the finish by using it for EDC.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    When my uncle was looking for a handgun to keep on him or in the truck when going on jobs, his #1 requirement was a manual safety and #2 was 9mm. I spent some time looking around a bit and showed him some of what I've got, we went to a gun shop and they had a 92fs in really nice shape. The price was right enough that if I would have had the money and they had another marked the same, I'd have snatched it up in a second. He really likes it and so does my aunt. He wouldn't ever be into concealed carry as he can't stand jeans when they get a little baggy (also not the best for the kind of work he does). The bulkiness doesn't bother him one bit.

Purdue Plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Indy
    So I'm gathering that if the grip feel good in your hands, you are alright with the weight, and you use factory mags, then it should be a good/fun/reliable range gun? Obviously there are lighter and more compact options, but those aren't really a factor for me. (Not carrying, and it is lighter and more compact than the MkIII Hunter I shoot)

Good thread when considering Beretta's 92xx options.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    So I'm gathering that if the grip feel good in your hands, you are alright with the weight, and you use factory mags, then it should be a good/fun/reliable range gun? Obviously there are lighter and more compact options, but those aren't really a factor for me. (Not carrying, and it is lighter and more compact than the MkIII Hunter I shoot)

Good thread when considering Beretta's 92xx options.
    Beretta's rule! Mine has been 100% even with the used GI mags, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Beretta 92XX(mine is the M9) to anyone!

Bull1315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I carry a Beretta 96. Carried the M9 in the military and have carried this 96 as a duty weapon and personal carry for ages. Just feels natural and comfortable to me cause ive carried it so much.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    While offloading $70,000 out of an automated safe,in a business that we were working for, a couple of Latino gangster wannabe youngsters came in. One stayed at the door,the other came up to the counter and leaned over it to see what I was doing...When I drew the 96G I was carrying and held it low and ready,I was confident that it would do what it was supposed to...apparently he suspected it would too, he abruptly headed for the door! I like Berettas

Guyinwarsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2013
    near warsaw
    I bought my 92fs years ago and it's still my favorite pistol. I like the way it looks, feels and shoots. It's very accurate. All the controls are easy to operate. The grip is a bit fat but that's 15 rounds worth of fat. One thing that I really like about it is the ease and simplicity of disassembly and reassembly. Although I can't do it as fast as Jet Li. It may not be the latest and greatest but it's a very good gun.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I have a CZ75B, a Beretta M9, and a Sig P226 MK5.
    The M9 is on me 85% of the time, p226 about 10% and the CZ about 5%.
    I love Beretta!

Top Bottom