Why "Open Carry" when you can carry concealed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dont want to kill anyone.. Look at my last post where the guy carrying got his own gun pulled on him.. I am saying any criminal with a mind would just take your stuff. Criminals drawl first man.. Thats what makes em criminals

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    If somebody is going to rob a place and doesn't care if he kills anyone, he will kill the OC'er first. Result: complete waste of LTCH.

If somebody is going to rob a place and does care if he kills anyone, he will not rob the store. Result: crime deterred.

With CC, you're blended into the crowd. If the person is picking off people, you can guarantee you won't be intentionally put to the front of the line like an OC'er would.

If someone doesn't care if he kills anyone he will shoot everyone there, so CC or OC doesn't matter.

Once again an example of where this has happened!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    These discussions do nothing more than turn those who believe in 2A against each other. In almost every thread I can recall, the OP sits back to watch the carnage.

If I'm ever in the situation where I walk into a convenience store and a BG has a gun pointed at the clerk, I hope to be OCing, which I believe will give me the fastest opportunity to draw. I draw faster OCing and I realize there are others who can draw just as fast either way, but I can't.

If I'm ever in the situation where I'm at the counter and the BG comes up behind me, I hope to be CCing since he will have the drop on me. I would hope to keep my gun concealed with the hope of him leaving or me getting the opportunity to end the situation.

Either way, the law gives me a choice and it's a choice I desire to keep no matter what someone else may think is best for me. Feel free to carry any way you want and I'll support you.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Where did anyone say that?

Well, my love, you did.

Since the guy OCing gets shot first I'm sure there are news stories about this everywhere on the net, how about some of you that believe that BS find some.

I'll wait, it's such a common thing I'm sure it won't take long!

Your statement says that you don't believe that anyone OC'ing has ever been taken advantage of for OC'ing.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    It happens all the time

...in the movies.;)

This is a point that pervades the society in which we live, even informing much of the news media who, in turn, inform John Q. Public who, then, inform the people with whom s/he comes in contact ...and on it goes. We've come to the place where Hollywood is the proverbial tail wagging the dog. Actually, we've come to it, moved our stuff in, and order pizza from its address while we get entertained.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy a good Clint Eastwood movie (for example), but I also have a few brain cells that I can rub together (when they're not busy drinking beer ;)) and come to wonder why it is that, when the bad guy gets blown ten feet in the air after being shot, how is the hero able to hold onto the gun at all??? :dunno: ...just one example of 1.273 trillion or so (politicians aren't the only people who should be able to use "trillion!" in a conversation! :D).

...enough of the tangent ...what was the question? Oh yeah, "tastes great! Less filling!"

...Nope, the media has no effect on me! :D

Someone said earlier ...it don't really matter, as long as you carry whenever and wherever you're able.

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He was targeted because of his gun. the guy robbed him with a gun.. and took his gun... The reporters even said the guy who was robbed feels it was because he was carrying openly

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    If someone doesn't care if he kills anyone he will shoot everyone there, so CC or OC doesn't matter.

Once again an example of where this has happened!

Not to be a jerk, but if you are shooting up the place and you don't shoot the guy who is an immediate threat (OC'er) first...you're just a terrible criminal; but this all lies on whether the criminal knows you are OC'ing.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    He was targeted because of his gun. the guy robbed him with a gun.. and took his gun... The reporters even said the guy who was robbed feels it was because he was carrying openly

IIRC in later interviews he said he was targeted by someone he knew, big difference IMO

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Not to be a jerk, but if you are shooting up the place and you don't shoot the guy who is an immediate threat (OC'er) first...you're just a terrible criminal; but this all lies on whether the criminal knows you are OC'ing.

Jails are full of terrible criminals

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

It's you that fails to think like a criminal, criminals for the most part are lazy, why face any known threat when there is a stop and rob on every corner?

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    It's you that fails to think like a criminal, criminals for the most part are lazy, why face any known threat when there is a stop and rob on every corner?

What is that, racism I hear? 'For the most part'...is that 55% of the time they are lazy? You still have 45% more to learn.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well then my apologies, may my statements be used for knowledge by newcomers at a later date.

Knowledge? You have an opinion.

Why do I OC? Because, frankly, I'm sick of people who thinks their opinion should matter to me.

Carry your gun however you like and I will support your choice 100% without giving you a worthless opinion. The day I decide I need worthless opinions, I will hire an advisor.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    What is that, racism I hear? 'For the most part'...is that 55% of the time they are lazy? You still have 45% more to learn.

It's real world experience, I haven't always been a law abiding gun owners, fractured an occasional law when I was younger and dumber!

The last bastion of someone that has nothing to argue with, RACISM

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Knowledge? You have an opinion.

Why do I OC? Because, frankly, I'm sick of people who thinks their opinion should matter to me.

Carry your gun however you like and I will support your choice 100% without giving you a worthless opinion. The day I decide I need worthless opinions, I will hire an advisor.

:yesway: :patriot:

Top Bottom