• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Homicides involving firearms have been on the decline since 1994. Coincidentally since 1994 over 100 cites have struck down gun bans, or control ordinances in the country.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Doctors
    (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
    --Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Now think about this:

Guns(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (Yes, that's 80 million)
    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1.500
    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.0000187
    --Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT Almost everyone has at least one doctor. This means you are 9,000 times more likely to be killed by your doctor than a gun owner!!!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I finished buying my own set of cleaning supplies today so that I can take responsibility for keeping my own firearms clean and in working order instead of relying on Bubba to do it for me. :rockwoot:

Every shooter needs to have a complete grasp of how their equipment works and take care of their equipment.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Be carefull when using Bircihwood Gun Scrubber. I bought a new Custom 10/22 and sprayed it in the receiver to loosen up the fileing and it took the finish off. Its not blued its some kind of parkerized material. Loosened it up like rubber. Really made me sick to see the finish come off. Lesson learned.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    .45 M&P's are far superior than glock .45's

ESPECAILLY with a Osprey attached!!!

A reminder to everyone that uses a variable power scope....POI can vary from POA if you adjust the power..

Didn't realize I sighted my scope in a 9 power and I wanted it at 6....I was close but had to start over.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Spend your money on training. That's the only thing no one can ever take away from you. (I recommend Appleseed as a good start.)

(Rep is optional. I just wanted an excuse to plug Appleseed. :D)

Blessings,
    Bill

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Cause I wanna integrally supress my marlin camp 45 after you told me about a guy that does it. But I just need reminded of his name and how to contact him, lol.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I would prefer that you don't rep me, the other PW's make fun of me when I get mod rep

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I practiced for Friday Night Steel today at the best range in Indiana. It was a lot of fun. The VP there, you can't miss him, he's tall and his head is shaped like a penis! He's a very smart guy. Because of him, I joined the best range in Indiana, and have taken 3 training classes. And because of his advice, I feel it's more important to learn and train to be a kick ass shooter instead of being a gun collector.

:D

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    How To Survive A Gunfight

Adapted from USMC & USN RULES OF GUNFIGHTING

1. [*]Bring a gun. Preferably bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
      [*]Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
      [*]Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
      [*]If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
      [*]Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.
      [*]If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
      [*]In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
      [*]If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
      [*]Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting stances will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
      [*]Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
      [*]Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
      [*]Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
      [*]Have a plan.
      [*]Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
      [*]Use cover and concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in FRONT of your gun.
      [*]Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
      [*]Don't EVER drop your guard.
      [*]Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
      [*]Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we Trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them).
      [*]Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
      [*]The faster you finish the fight the less shot you will get.
      [*]Be polite, be professional, be courteous to everyone, friendly to none.
      [*]Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
      [*]Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4".

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Actually you should rep me because I'm taking time out of my busy laying around schedule to help out an INGO advertiser in their shop 1 day a week.

Top Bottom