• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I carry my LCR .38 a lot! I have found it to be the smoothest, out of the box double action I have ever horsed with. Smiths are thinner, yes, but felt more violent due to that fact. The LCR is a bit bulky comparatively. If someone says it's gritty, there is something wrong with the gun or the user (never cleaning or overlubing it, making it collect gunk). As for recoil, homie please. If you can't handle the comparatively low recoil of the wide bodied LCR, you need to stay away from subcompacts and just carry a fullsize 24/7.

I think these threads are useless... Let's face it: Every time someone sees more than three of a kind in the classifieds, someone freaks thinking there is something wrong with it. Why are there so many Glox in the classifieds? Why are there so many LCPs in the Classifieds? Why are there so many ARs in the classifieds? What trend am I missing on or more specifically, what trend do I need to escape? Why is this statistical anomaly keeping me awake at night? Why does it drive me? Define me? Why do I see it in the supermarket, with her groceries, her sundress waving gently in the conditioned air, her smile as she sees me in line as she is checking out? Why do I see her at the dinner party, her svelte figure calling to me, every human civility and animal instinct raging against each other, barely keeping my lust in check? The waking up at night, gasping for air, sweating, the acrid burning adrenaline dissipating from my blood as I calm myself, the image of her flashing in my mind? I must have her, but I cannot. Something in the way she moves...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Was not a fan of the standard grip. Ordered mine with the crimson trace and absolutely love it. Its also got my favorite trigger pull of my small revolvers.
    Maybe I'm just not old and arthritic enough yet but the recoil with std 38's is not bad at all. I've ran 100rds in a sitting without complaint.

Back to op's question, its been answered above. They made a ton, they marketed it right for sales, people realized it wasn't for them and looking to sell. Its right for me, so I'm never selling.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    The LCR is a great reliable gun, small yes, unpleasant for some yes. But if your interested in one by all means don't allow the supply of them to fool you into not being a good gun.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I carry my LCR .38 a lot! I have found it to be the smoothest, out of the box double action I have ever horsed with. Smiths are thinner, yes, but felt more violent due to that fact. The LCR is a bit bulky comparatively. If someone says it's gritty, there is something wrong with the gun or the user (never cleaning or overlubing it, making it collect gunk). As for recoil, homie please. If you can't handle the comparatively low recoil of the wide bodied LCR, you need to stay away from subcompacts and just carry a fullsize 24/7.

I think these threads are useless... Let's face it: Every time someone sees more than three of a kind in the classifieds, someone freaks thinking there is something wrong with it. Why are there so many Glox in the classifieds? Why are there so many LCPs in the Classifieds? Why are there so many ARs in the classifieds? What trend am I missing on or more specifically, what trend do I need to escape? Why is this statistical anomaly keeping me awake at night? Why does it drive me? Define me? Why do I see it in the supermarket, with her groceries, her sundress waving gently in the conditioned air, her smile as she sees me in line as she is checking out? Why do I see her at the dinner party, her svelte figure calling to me, every human civility and animal instinct raging against each other, barely keeping my lust in check? The waking up at night, gasping for air, sweating, the acrid burning adrenaline dissipating from my blood as I calm myself, the image of her flashing in my mind? I must have her, but I cannot. Something in the way she moves...

Are we seriously going to ignore this post?!? This is pure sarcastic genius at it's finest!

Well done, Sir!

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Old thread...but i have notice, "bought it for my wife and she doesnt like it." I have allowed two friends wives shoot mine and just too much recoil. Same ladies had a difficult time racking the slide on any pistols.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Old thread...but i have notice, "bought it for my wife and she doesnt like it." I have allowed two friends wives shoot mine and just too much recoil. Same ladies had a difficult time racking the slide on any pistols.

Too many people buy small guns cause, "they're cute".

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Some can't manage the recoil, some the sight radius or the diminutive sights. I like snubbies and my LCR is my most accurate One in my hands. I love mine. Just don't let my S&W 642 know.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Same reason there was a glut of Shields and a glut of XDS pistols right after they were 'the hot new thing'.

Marketing 101:
    1) Get buzz going about how awesome your product is
    2) Make your product exclusive or limited in availability
    3) Watch people snatch up your product when they see it because this is their big chance and they may not see another for awhile.

Then they realize they really didn't need and/or want the product. Hence they put them up for sale.

The LCR really is a great gun, and is very pleasant to shoot with reasonable loads.

This is so right on (and exactly what's happening with the Playstation 4 - which of course one of my kids wants this year).

I never did like the feel of the LCR. The cylinder lock up doesn't feel good. I don't know how else to explain it. It just felt "cheap" when I would close the cylinder. So I passed it buy. I'd still take one if you gave it to me. But I'd just as soon go for a light weight metal revolver if I was going to go that direction.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I sold mine as I didn't like the CC ergo's of a revolver. I didn't find a holster that worked well with it. Sat around until something better came along and moved it down the line. No real reason just didn't work for me.

Top Bottom