• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    Watch this beautiful short video that explains it all.......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nf1OgV449g&feature=related"]Why Switzerland Has the World's Lowest Crime Rate[/ame]

Last edited:

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    awesome, i sent the video to my friends/family. that was really cool, thanks!

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Great piece....it is well known that in the midst of two world wars fought in Europe that Switzerland was able to remain neutral...because of an armed and trained citizenry no other country dared try to invade them....A lesson that we must not forget or take for granted.:)

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Good to see somebody has it right. We americans have gotten too complacent, where we rely only on a fraction of our citizens to defend us from foreign invaders. Granted we may have more guns but we also have a larger area to defend.

Of course I'm not sure what their carry laws are. I mean if you're out in the street 15 miles from your rifle when somebody decides to invade you there's not much you can do.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Great piece....it is well known that in the midst of two world wars fought in Europe that Switzerland was able to remain neutral...because of an armed and trained citizenry no other country dared try to invade them....A lesson that we must not forget or take for granted.:)

They also remained neutral through choice. It's called isolationism.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Good to see somebody has it right. We americans have gotten too complacent, where we rely only on a fraction of our citizens to defend us from foreign invaders. Granted we may have more guns but we also have a larger area to defend.

Of course I'm not sure what their carry laws are. I mean if you're out in the street 15 miles from your rifle when somebody decides to invade you there's not much you can do.

Switzerland has no reason to fear invasion because they keep to themselves, they are surrounded by mountains, and they are well armed. In the U.S., we play Mr. Moral Authority for the rest of the world. We run around telling other people how to live while our homeland policies are going down the tube. This creates alot of attention and blame, thus increasing our target probability. Even so, we have never really battled a foreign country on our own soil. Sure, we've suffered a few attacks, but never to the point where an armed America as a whole could participate.

Switzerland is armed because they are prepared. The reason they don't have to use their guns is because they are not invasive.:twocents:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No, No, No groovatron you & the rest have it all wrong. The reason the swiss have such a low crime rate is this.
    swiss-beer-girls.jpg

A criminal takes one look at this and they forget all about the crime.
    LOL!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I just googled up swiss girls and this was 1 of the "friendlier" images for a "family-oriented PC" site like this. There were better ones but alas not for this site.

Top Bottom