• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Now we can have a vote on a bill (DOA in the house) in the senate and see these senators put their money where their mouth is. This bill is a nightmare for Harry Reed and the democrats and that is why they voted for it.

It will FORCE democrats in red states to take a position on record.

The last thing Reed wants to do is bring a go nowhere bill to the floor and make risky seats go on record.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think this is one of those "lets make it look like we're doing something" bills since they couldn't get their real agenda across (banning most guns). Pretty sure they know it is not going to pass the house as-is.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Just a thought, but I feel like folks are a little too confident. Nothing gets done. Another shooting. And the media and democrats will pile it onto those who voted against the crap they're pushing right now. Next thing we know the left picks up a bunch of seats and then we're really screwed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Now we can have a vote on a bill (DOA in the house) in the senate and see these senators put their money where their mouth is. This bill is a nightmare for Harry Reed and the democrats and that is why they voted for it.

It will FORCE democrats in red states to take a position on record.

The last thing Reed wants to do is bring a go nowhere bill to the floor and make risky seats go on record.

I want to believe you; I hope you're right. But you're assuming the electorate will find this as offensive as the majority on INGO such as us do. I don't think many will see the danger in this bill that we do.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Just saw on CBS that they posted the names of the senators who voted to block the bills passage...interesting that they would put all the republicans first....well not interesting, maybe anticipated?

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Just a thought, but I feel like folks are a little too confident. Nothing gets done. Another shooting. And the media and democrats will pile it onto those who voted against the crap they're pushing right now. Next thing we know the left picks up a bunch of seats and then we're really screwed.

This. If anything passes the Senate and dies in the House the unholy union of the WH/left & nat'l media will continually beat the crap out of Repubs to win a majority in the House. Another "shooting" will help, but not be necessary, to keep this drum beating till Nov 2014.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    They'll start tacking on amendments like an AWB and it'll get kicked around until something we want gets attached as well then it might get past the Senate. THAT's when it could get bad for us. I wouldn't even trade an AWB for National Constitutional carry.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Be clear.

The Democrats do not want this legislation to pass.

They are counting on the House to defeat any new legislation, and then will run on that issue in 2014.

The guns are irrelevant. Adam Lanza has, they believe, opened the door to control of the Congress. But not for Sandy Hook, they would have found another issue.

IF they were really that concerned about guns, the Chicago violence would be attracting far more attention. Pure cynicism, nothing more.

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    This. If anything passes the Senate and dies in the House the unholy union of the WH/left & nat'l media will continually beat the crap out of Repubs to win a majority in the House. Another "shooting" will help, but not be necessary, to keep this drum beating till Nov 2014.

i dont think they can continue to beat this drum till then if there is not another shooting. Americans have a very short attention span

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I believe we are looking at this too narrowly. Lets take a peek at the Dems long term agenda. If nothing gets passed either by the Senate or House, and perhaps another tragedy does not rear it's ugly head until say next year. The blame will go squarely on the Republicans for not "doing something to protect the children". They take over the House, hold the Senate and now everything is on the table and we are screwed. This is all a set up to use the blame game to further their election goals. This will also be telling when the Immigration bill comes up and they gain all those expected votes. Always remember it is not what you see, but what is happening in the background behind the curtain. This is all for show!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wouldn't put it past them to stage another Aurora or another Sandy Hook.
    After all, they seem to be happy to parade on children's graves.

Of course most of those people are also illiterate. After all, I heard some drooling gun grabber last night saying 11 is half of 30. Even the POTUS thinks there's 57 states. The VP promotes criminally negligent use of a firearm, and suggests for everyone to do it on national television. How they read a teleprompter is a mystery to me. Lets not forget how many don't know the definition of "infringe." If they were literate or possessed an education, they could pick up a dictionary and figure it out.(It may sound crazy, but it's all that makes sense if we're to believe they don't have a malicious agenda for the American public.)

Keep hammering every politician there is with mail and phone calls. It's been unbelievably successful so far. I know mail may not do much since they're illiterate, but there's a chance someone may read their mail to them.

I believe we are looking at this too narrowly. Lets take a peek at the Dems long term agenda. If nothing gets passed either by the Senate or House, and perhaps another tragedy does not rear it's ugly head until say next year. The blame will go squarely on the Republicans for not "doing something to protect the children". They take over the House, hold the Senate and now everything is on the table and we are screwed. This is all a set up to use the blame game to further their election goals. This will also be telling when the Immigration bill comes up and they gain all those expected votes. Always remember it is not what you see, but what is happening in the background behind the curtain. This is all for show!

The blame game will be used regardless. It's on the American people to shut down those who are so petty they stand on dead children to push an agenda.
    It's also pathetic that more people aren't vocally calling them out for doing so.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is exactly right. See the bigger picture. The ultimate goal is to win the House. That is what they are positioning themselves for. Their whole agenda hinges on winning the House and the lame duck becomes King.

That's ballgame to them.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Again, it's not about guns per se. They are choosing what they see as a divisive issue to empower the government. If they could do it by regulating the 4th A, they would start there.

Once the process on the 2d A is complete, they will simply move on to the next Amendment. See e.g. 'hate speech' and tolerance.

It's not about guns, but about the relation between the citizen and the government.

In the end, it's all about political power.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

+1...

Its all a political ploy. The GOP is being painted as rascists(anti-immigration...anti welfare, etc)....child killers(Friends of the NRA, anti 'sensible' gun laws, etc)...

The left doesn't care if they save anyone....their ultimate goal is squashing all opposition and taking dictator-like control over the country.

Even if they lose this battle...the media and their agenda is gradually winning. Its a win win for them in their eyes. They will paint the Pro-2nd ammendment voters as klingers and such. Remember the us vs them mantra. Its rich vs poor....us vs the NRA...Dems vs the GOP...etc. Dividing the country and conquering.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    What if...

What if no AWB or any other gun control amendment is offered to the UBC bill?

What if PRO Gun ammendment(s) is/are amended?

How many republicans do you think would jump the fence if, say, reciprocity were added?

Lots of ways to skin this cat. It ain't over.

Top Bottom