• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's a pic of my CZ85 Combat. I love this handgun for the same reasons that have been posted by other CZ fans. The CZ handguns really live up to the "quiet" hype about them. I will be buying one of their compact models as soon as I get the funds. The CZ85 Combat includes ambidextrous slide stop and safety, adjustable rear sight, and no firing pin safety.
    DSC01794.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've had good luck with Duracoat. I sprayed the barrel the frame color on the 88 and after hundreds of rounds, it's only now starting to wear on the lugs. Once baked, it's pretty durable.

I thought it was Duracoat. Looks good. The KG Coat is similar and has been pretty durable. He sprays it on and then bakes it in a toaster oven bought at a yard sale. I have 2 .45s that were done over a year ago and still look new. I've shot maybe a few hundred rounds through them.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    hey thanks for the info guys! i wasnt aware they were making anything with a decocker. been quite a while since i looked.

jake

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If cash is an issue, it always seems to be, you can begin your own CZ love affair with a CZ 82 or 83. They are virtually identical guns which share the same magazines. The 82 is chambered in 9x18 Makarov and the 83 in .380acp. These guns are available all over in the low $200s. They have a similar manual of arms as the bigger CZs, are affordable and are excellent platforms for refinishing and upgrading. I had both and loved them. I eventually sold the 83 as I saw no need to keep the .380 when Makarov is a superior round at lower prices if buying in bulk.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Damn, I thought the kadet kit was supposed to be cheap! How much is that sucker new? Grats on finding a deal!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Damn, I thought the kadet kit was supposed to be cheap! How much is that sucker new? Grats on finding a deal!

Everything CZ used to be inexpensive, then they became popular. IF you can find the Kadet kit in stock anywhere (good luck with that) they are almost $400 shipped. I can't even find the Kadet pistol in stock consistently when I have cash burning a hole in my pocket and they run $600. I picked up the kadet kit for $275 shipped lightly used.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Everything CZ used to be inexpensive, then they became popular. IF you can find the Kadet kit in stock anywhere (good luck with that) they are almost $400 shipped. I can't even find the Kadet pistol in stock consistently when I have cash burning a hole in my pocket and they run $600. I picked up the kadet kit for $275 shipped lightly used.

Good deal on that, I want one as well.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Thanks, I want the wife to start with something like this to learn to shoot. Plus I'd like to spend an hour or two at the range for less $$.

Most of the Kadet kits I've seen need a little fitting, but not to bad. Once fit they worked great.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    OK. I've always considered myself a "gun guy". Maintaining and repairing guns is actually part of my job. I can diagnose, repair, properly maintain, modify, or customize, just about anything on a Glock, 1911, Beretta, AR-15, and many others.

I also considered myself very familiar with many different types of firearms. But, I have to admit. I've never even heard of the CZ brand before I became a member here. I'm also embarrassed to admit, I've never given one a good look in person, and I've never even held one let along shot one.

Reading a lot of posts on here is getting me interested in getting to know more about their line of firearms.

So, can some of you CZ fans out there tell me, what do you like so much about your CZ and which model best represents the brand? If I were to buy a CZ, which model would convince me to buy more?

Thanks,

Kick :ingo:

If you like to find out, send me a PM. I've got a SP-01 you can shoot.

Top Bottom