• ...and so much more!
  • gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    "Universal background checks deter criminals from purchasing guns."

I don't hang around too many shady types, to be fair, but I can't imagine they'd be going through an FFL to get a hold of their next drop gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Remember, Indiana had such a statute for handguns from 1974 to 1998.

The compliance rate was near zero and was openly mocked.

If a case was prosecuted under it, I am not aware but would welcome a citation in any of the 92 counties.

It was unenforceable.

It did nothing for Indiana's crime rate.

It undermined the rule of law as to the necessary laws.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Just more BS from the liberal left and UBC will do NOTHING to stop or reduce crime. The libtards are just too damn stupid to understand it. But of course their national registry of law abiding citizens weapons is what they really want. Same as Hitler.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I can't say I'm a fan of this author at all, but at least he spells it out for the people pushing these laws and what the true motivation is. Sort of goes nut-so near the end though, fair warning.

Gun control: Why the fight over universal background checks is the key

Remember who is the author of this so-called universal background check proposal. Sen. Schumer who is against ALL private ownership of firearms. I oppose this because it's ineffective, it further infringes the 2A, it affects only lawful Americans not criminals, and because I don't trust Schumer or those like him.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I don't hang around too many shady types, to be fair, but I can't imagine they'd be going through an FFL to get a hold of their next drop gun.

That is the lie, that a background check will deter. What is the penalty for attempting an illegal (if you are a blocked individual, ie felon) purchase? Do we criminally charge those who are denied? Or is this merely for show?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't say I'm a fan of this author at all, but at least he spells it out for the people pushing these laws and what the true motivation is. Sort of goes nut-so near the end though, fair warning.

All of the noise, smoke and mirrors was really cover for universal background checks. They never intended to do everything that was pushed. Just get us so worked up that universal background checks would seem "reasonable".

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That is the lie, that a background check will deter. What is the penalty for attempting an illegal (if you are a blocked individual, ie felon) purchase? Do we criminally charge those who are denied? Or is this merely for show?

By the ATF's own stats, we do not criminally charge much of anyone who attempts an illegal purchase through an FFL TODAY.

From a previous post on the topic:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t/266037-background_checks-2.html#post3783747

In 2010, only 1.2% of all firearms checks were denied (http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/01/jo...ground-checks/). Of those 72,000 denials, only 44 were actually prosecuted.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN

Exactly, and everyone knows that AR's are not good drop guns. They are too expensive. You always go with the revolver, because there's less evidence to pickup at the crime scene.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Nevermind the fact that a foot of steel pipe and a handful of assorted junk can be built into a functioning firearms. This pretty much renders any firearms regulations null and void.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nevermind the fact that a foot of steel pipe and a handful of assorted junk can be built into a functioning firearms. This pretty much renders any firearms regulations null and void.

With simple machine tools you could build an AK-47. If banning abortion would create back alley abortions, why shouldn't banning guns create backyard gunsmiths?

If the laws get too strict then they force the population into getting around the laws. It creates a blackmarket as it is very easy, and inexpensive, to make guns and ammo then sell them at a huge profit. An AK-47 should only cost about $20 to $50 to make then sell at $1000. Ammo is 15 cents per round to make, sell at $1 a piece.

Don't you think that the Mexican cartels would not get into a blackmarket arms industry that is just as profitable as drugs?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Remember who is the author of this so-called universal background check proposal. Sen. Schumer who is against ALL private ownership of firearms. I oppose this because it's ineffective, it further infringes the 2A, it affects only lawful Americans not criminals, and because I don't trust Schumer or those like him.

I distrust Schumer so much that I distrust anyone that even mentions his name! :xmad:

Oh, wait... :D

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012

Every time I read an article, someone is throwing out a new number for the number of guns sold in private sales. Last night, the article said 40%. This guy is saying 80%. It is hard to grant these people any credibility when they don't understand the concept of facts.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    UBC is really what the fallout from Newtown was all about anyway. Registration is the absolute when concerning gun control. Once you have to register, confiscation won't be far behind. I'm sure there are legions of libs working on reasons required for your guns to be confiscated. Collecting them will be easy, ever getting them back or the right to buy another one will be another story!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Any 2nd Amendment compromise would be admitting that we really do not have a right to keep and bear arms. We would be agreeing with our government that keeping and bearing arms is a privilege, not a right. Any compromise is a bad compromise.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Why are we still on the defensive? I've been saying for months we should start a counter-offensive of legislation. How can they get new legislation passed when they're trying to keep pro-gun advocates from overturning previous laws. I say we start with something simple like the restrictions on imported barrels in parts kits. Once we've got some steam behind us we head after the GCA and the final step would be the NFA.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    UBC is really what the fallout from Newtown was all about anyway. Registration is the absolute when concerning gun control. Once you have to register, confiscation won't be far behind. I'm sure there are legions of libs working on reasons required for your guns to be confiscated. Collecting them will be easy, ever getting them back or the right to buy another one will be another story!

What is more surprising is that they think that YOU will roll over and go along with it. Most likely it would be like in NY were gun owners flat out stated that they were not going to obey the laws. And that the state did not have enough courts or prisons to deal with the civil disobedience that would follow.

Top Bottom