• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BradV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2019
    Brownsburg
    So I have been a member here for a while. I am not a very social individual. I read a lot, I ask a few questions, maybe answer a few. I just don't share my opinion very often. In this case I will. I want to use the classifieds. Evidently I am not social or opinionated enough. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense. Just saying.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    giphy.webp

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You've been here 4 years. That's plenty of time to get 50 posts. It's not like this is a new rule that you just discovered...
    This. Or you pony up the site subscriber fee of $20 to help keep the place running and move on with life. I can tell you that this current way you're on isn't the correct one to get into the classies. If in 4 years you haven't figured out this is a community with the perk of a classifieds section for the members than I don't know what to tell you.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The forum and owners were tired of "non social" and "auction-averse" deal shoppers getting butt-hurt over deals gone bad - then expecting staff to officiate their complaints for them like it was an auction site...after having paid nothing to be here and not contributing.

This is not a service, and the owners simply chose to drive a distinction on that point.

Nothing personal. There have just been a lot before you.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The forum and owners were tired of "non social" and "auction-averse" deal shoppers getting butt-hurt over deals gone bad - then expecting staff to officiate their complaints for them like it was an auction site...after having paid nothing to be here and not contributing.

This is not a service, and the owners simply chose to drive a distinction on that point.

Nothing personal. There have just been a lot before you.
    Good god the amount of them.... Anyone want to take a guess at an approximate number in the 4 years the OP has been here? 100? 200?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If in 4 years you haven't figured out this is a community with the perk of a classifieds section for the members than I don't know what to tell you.
    If you write it often enough it may one day come true.

The people in the rockers on the front porch of the country store and those on barstools in a bar think they are a community also.

Someone has to pay to keep the lights on and the site banner still puts the classifieds first.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If you write it often enough it may one day come true.

The people in the rockers on the front porch of the country store and those on barstools in a bar think they are a community also.

Someone has to pay to keep the lights on and the site banner still puts the classifieds first.
    Because it's alphabetical like most lists. When even our mods are saying this is a community with the perk of classies, I tend to listen not just because I agree.

But hey, you wanna be a douche I'm not going to stop you. I'll bring the waste can to help dispose of the mess.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    So I have been a member here for a while. I am not a very social individual. I read a lot, I ask a few questions, maybe answer a few. I just don't share my opinion very often. In this case I will. I want to use the classifieds. Evidently I am not social or opinionated enough. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense. Just saying.
    This is your 5th post in 4 years?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why the restriction @BradV ? Allow me to explain.

Understand that INGO is primarily a message board with a classified section as a perk for PARTICIPATING members. This isnt just another Gunbroker, Armslist, etc.

Our goal here is to have a social community of pro 2A members who feel comfortable trading with other members because they have built up an online relationship with others here, and get a feel for who they are buying/selling from.

More details here:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And we have plenty of folks that dont like talking in the classifieds. Thats what the site supporter status is for. Which if you dont like posting, will be necessary for you. Because once you hit 50, you are expected to maintain a higher post count outside the classifieds.

We periodically find somebody that got to 60 or 70 and then stopped and switched exclusively to selling. Those guys are also required to get the site supporter subscription.

And its only $20/year. Chump change. Especially if you are selling. You'll make that back in no time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom