Why The Upsurge In Gun Sales? Blame Fox News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's more like an expensive drinking game. When I hear a douchebag in Washington has suggested another gun law, I buy a gun. The fact that I may have heard about the proposed gun law on FOX news is only incidental. All the news networks report on them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Every news cast has a story or multiple story's on gun violence.
    They push the violence daily. It makes ratings.
    People get concerned as they see how ineffective LEO is at preventing crime (reasons for another thread....think revolving door) and work towards protecting themselves.

Lack of Honor. No moral codes. No respect for life. Drug sub-culture....and on and on and on

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Every news cast has a story or multiple story's on gun violence.
    They push the violence daily. It makes ratings.
    People get concerned as they see how ineffective LEO is at preventing crime (reasons for another thread....think revolving door) and work towards protecting themselves.

Lack of Honor. No moral codes. No respect for life. Drug sub-culture....and on and on and on

This is really it. I know a progressive guy at work who asked me for advice on what gun to buy. He was just worried about protecting his home after hearing about a home invasion in his neighborhood. It's not ironic that he doesn't watch FOX News.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I love how to liberals, Fox is biased to the extreme right but msnbc, cbs, abc, cnn are not biased left.

On a different note, if its a problem for legal people to buy legal guns and this activity has skyrocketed, wouldnt the crime rate have to skyrocket as well with the increased amount of guns out there?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In this means constantly pushing a gun control agenda, attempting to ban firearms based on cosmetic features, using Operation Chokepoint to restrict finances of gun stores, using Fast & Furious in an attempt as a pretext to restrict the Second Amendment, blood dancing, and praising the confiscation of firearms in Australia has lead people to believe this Administration wants to impede or erase the Second Amendment and so they want to stock up ahead of any potential measure.

I see that this was published initially by the London School of Economics, which has a shady past of taking money for political concerns - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_School_of_Economics#Controversy
    - donation from Ghaddafi lead to his son getting a PhD
    - Kid's Company charity paid for a report about their affairs, and the report was quite favourable to them. LSE forgot to declare the conflict of interests in the payment, and the report has been debunked

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    On a different note, if its a problem for legal people to buy legal guns and this activity has skyrocketed, wouldnt the crime rate have to skyrocket as well with the increased amount of guns out there?
    That's crazy talk :D We all know that the baseless accusation that more guns means more crime and blood on the streets/campus is all the anti gunners need. Any evidence that as gun ownership increases crime decreases is just ignored

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I don't know who that is.
    But I suddenly have the urge to give her my wallet.
    She was a star news reader on Fox a few years ago but got into an alcohol problem. I haven't seen her lately. I did have one horrible experience involving her one time. She was doing a news break during Greta Van Susteran's "On the Record." All of a sudden and without proper warning her face was replaced by Greta's as the show came back on. Yeowee!! The contrast was too much and I probably suffered permanent eye damage.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The sheeple think about evil guns doing crimes. It's the after the fact, certified by psycho doctors, nutcases who commit these crimes. If an off duty LEO, or CCW good guy would intervene, drop a gunman killing others, gun control would be done. Regulate, tax, outlaw, confiscate, will start a crap storm among the public won't stand it!
    Yep, Obummer has made me pick up a few extras. Also built a cache of ammo, strictly survival preps.
    Saleman of the Century! Barack Obama.
    Fox puts out the news, and is out for one thing. $

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "Americans could be arming themselves in order to protect themselves from mass shootings."

Nah, not so much. It's the media-fueled, racially motivated anti-police riots that have me stopping by the LGS.

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    When the feds demand that local police stand back and watch their own city burn its time to arm yourself.

What station you witness this on makes little difference.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Laurie Dhue told me to buy guns . . . so I did, repeatedly.

1940.jpg

Her lips...Just... Her lips.....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Liberalism is a mental disorder

I truly believe it is. I think liberalism stems from an inadequately developed level of emotional maturity. Liberals cannot seem to let go of the child mode and have an expectation of a higher authority to provide for them. The sad thing is how the democrats take advantage of this emotional defect to further their own agenda. A liberal is a person with a child's emotional maturity in an adult body and a democrat is a person that adept at taking advantage of those people. I feel bad for the former because some of them genuinely don't know any better, but I despise the latter as low life's that have had great success in manipulating the mentally deficient.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I truly believe it is. I think liberalism stems from an inadequately developed level of emotional maturity. Liberals cannot seem to let go of the child mode and have an expectation of a higher authority to provide for them. The sad thing is how the democrats take advantage of this emotional defect to further their own agenda. A liberal is a person with a child's emotional maturity in an adult body and a democrat is a person that adept at taking advantage of those people. I feel bad for the former because some of them genuinely don't know any better, but I despise the latter as low life's that have had great success in manipulating the mentally deficient.

Well said sir, well said!

Top Bottom