• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Someone asked me why I would ever need to carry a firearm into a hospital.

Answer:

DV1H9.jpg
    _40287031_bear_ap203body.jpg

EDIT: Found the story, apparently this happened in Virginia in '04. BBC NEWS | Americas | Bear's hospital visit turns fatal

Also, had to find another hosting of the photo, it disappeared for some reason. :dunno:

Last edited:

SethDennis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Indiana
    I used to work as a Security Officer in a hospital and a few years before I started working there some of the older guys were telling me stories of crazy ex-boyfriends and husbands coming in the hospital and shooting their wives or girlfriends. They told me that one guy came in and shot his mom and himself also. Needless to say I always carry.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Trust me. An inner city emergency room at 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning can be a very scary place. Most have metal detectors at the doors and armed guards on duty.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Thanks for not making the bear mad before you run away :D

Yeah, pretty much exactly what went through my mind when I saw that picture.:):

I own a .44mag, but don't find it practical for EDC. I don't think I'd want much less than that if I'm going to shoot at a bear...Especially in a situation like that. I've seen my dog try to start sprinting on a linoleum floor before, so I could probably turn around and start laughing at the bear attempting to catch me.:laugh:

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Thats crap! He's coming in through the exit......someone needs to set him in his place! Glad I never walk through the hospital with a steak in my pocket.

Top Bottom