• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    on a related note, I was in Walmart this AM on the way to work and the ammo cabinet looked pre-panic. thousands of rounds (each) of 9, 40, 45, etc. Also saw almost 1,000 rounds in CCI standard boxes.

Could the panic be subsiding?

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    With the high failure rate I have seen from those brands in the past I don't buy it. When you see 30% or better of ammo from a box fail to fire or cycle properly you stay away. If it works in your items :yesway: for you.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'll repeat my offer then. I've never seen anything remotely like that failure rate with either of those two. My favorite bulk .22 is Federal, but Blazer is a close second.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    With the high failure rate I have seen from those brands in the past I don't buy it. When you see 30% or better of ammo from a box fail to fire or cycle properly you stay away. If it works in your items :yesway: for you.
    I use to have about the same failure rate with Remington bulk ammo in one of my firearms. The problem was the gun, not the ammo. Detail clean your bolt, and if that fails look for a new firing pin and firing pin spring. You may have a broken/worn firing pin or a weak spring.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    on a related note, I was in Walmart this AM on the way to work and the ammo cabinet looked pre-panic. thousands of rounds (each) of 9, 40, 45, etc. Also saw almost 1,000 CCI standard boxes.

Could the panic be subsiding?
    1000 boxes?? :wow: I was happy to see about a dozen at the Walmart on U.S. 31 South yesterday. They were all gone today though.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I picked up about 6,000 rounds last week at my LGS. $20 for 325 bulk and $30 for 550 bulk box. I have been working on my action targets plate rack and dueling tree. The Grandkids are happy little fellers.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Most recent rumouir I heard was that the big box shops were hoarding supplies of .22 LR to be released on the Black Friday Sales....

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Most recent rumouir I heard was that the big box shops were hoarding supplies of .22 LR to be released on the Black Friday Sales....
    I highly doubt that. It sells easy enough as is. No reason to make a special promotion of it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I highly doubt that. It sells easy enough as is. No reason to make a special promotion of it.

You do realize the door buster specials on Black Friday are all about getting you in the door, right? Seems like dangling affordable and plentiful .22s before gun owners would do a pretty good job of that.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You do realize the door buster specials on Black Friday are all about getting you in the door, right? Seems like dangling affordable and plentiful .22s before gun owners would do a pretty good job of that.

Precisely.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I've never owned a .22lr, and I don't see myself getting one anytime soon. Why pay what I can get 500 rounds of 9mm for it (reloading), plus the headache of not being able to find it?

I do have 22lr's but I too have come to a similar conclusion regarding reloading. Plus it gives me and my son some time together doing things we enjoy. Passing this knowledge on to the next generation in hopes he can pass it on to his son later on...

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...assuming you paid on average 5 cents a round and assert you have 237,500 rounds my high school math skills tell me you have over $11,000 in the cost of your .22 inventory...

OP said 23,750 rounds, not 237,500 rounds. Only $1,187 (and 50 cents).

Top Bottom