• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I made the long trip from Evansville to what was going to be Greenwood to buy a used CBOB. My wife is really good about my gun habit and once I explained to her this was a good deal on a gun I really wanted she was OK with it. Well when I called the guy to confirm he was near Edinburgh so I agreed to meet him there, after all it was closer for me.

I had planned on biting the bullet and taking my wife to a nice lunch and maybe a little shopping while we were in Indy, but what I had no idea was that there is a HUGE outlet mall where he suggested we stop. So I was dragged through all of those stores, and we ended up buying her some shoes and 2 Coach purses. What could I say no I just bought a gun but you can't have a purse.

So beware when you pack your wife along your wallet is fair game for the rest of the day.

I REALLY try to refrain from telling my wife about ANY purchases regarding guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the double the cost syndrome. She has to receive self-actualization in a like or nearly duplicate cost purchase, and that could break most peoples bank accounts.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hide everything, but if you do share everything, you'll go broke!!

It's the same as telling your wife a good looking mutual friend was flirting with you, and expecting your wife to NOT bring it up at a later date. She will, and you'll be sorry the innocent episode ever happened, and you were naive enough to think honesty is the best policy.

Once you acquire an impressive inventory, keep a majority of your purchases quiet. You'll be much better off. Trust me.:cool:

stroyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Andersonville,IN
    I have lived through the same experince a couple of times. Once on a gun deal. Another time on a tractor deal I had previously checked out at a tractor show. Ten minutes to close my deal, 6 hours for her to do her thing. The joy of marriage.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    One saving grace about that outlet mall.....Atterbury is just a hop, skip and a jump away. First couple of times my wife and I went shooting together at Atterbury, I took her to the mall after shooting. Now she enjoys shooting so much, she forgets the mall is there, and wants to stop somewhere and "replenish the ammo supply" (just in case).
    I'm hoping she doesn't revert. Her memory is oftentimes selective, but then again, sometimes mine is non-existent, and I do hear about that!! :)

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I should probably preface this by saying we do not use credit cards, and none of the money came from anywhere but from our play envelope for all of you Dave Ramsey fans. This is just a friendly warning that Edinburgh is not a good place to buy a gun with your wife with you, it could end up with a bunch of her toys coming home as well.

Try living in Greenwood where it's way to convenient to jump on 65 and be there in about 20 minutes. Especially now that we just paid off all of our debt except the house thanks to the Dave Ramsey plan! Rep coming for being Gazelle intense.:rockwoot:

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I made the long trip from Evansville to what was going to be Greenwood to buy a used CBOB. My wife is really good about my gun habit and once I explained to her this was a good deal on a gun I really wanted she was OK with it. Well when I called the guy to confirm he was near Edinburgh so I agreed to meet him there, after all it was closer for me.

I had planned on biting the bullet and taking my wife to a nice lunch and maybe a little shopping while we were in Indy, but what I had no idea was that there is a HUGE outlet mall where he suggested we stop. So I was dragged through all of those stores, and we ended up buying her some shoes and 2 Coach purses. What could I say no I just bought a gun but you can't have a purse.

So beware when you pack your wife along your wallet is fair game for the rest of the day.

Too funny :) my wife has a walk in closet shelf full of coach purses and the like. She and I have come to the agreement that she gets a new purse whenever I get a new gun :dunno::

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I don't have a wife so every gun buy is a win/win for me ! :rockwoot:

I thought the way it works is that after you've bought enough guns, you'll get a wife. Isn't that true? Aren't guns, OD jackets, and motorcycles the sexiest thing ever for women? :dunno:

Da Bing

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    When I go to a gun show, my wife goes also.
    I have limited wants but she is like a little kid. She wants almost every one that fits her hand. At one time she had more handguns than I did.
    Ladies have a hard time picking out a purse to go with this and that. Well mine has just as hard a time picking out a holster for a new handgun.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i bought my wife a Burberry purse and upgraded her diamond.....all i wanted in return was some action.

that was 3 weeks ago. I guess I'll buy a gun.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I remember when I bought my first semi handgun 15 years ago and ended up buying my wife a diamond tennis bracelet to ease the tension. In hind site both purchases were kinda crazy as the gun was an H&K USP compact was was more $$ than we really had. That was way before we started the Dave Ramsey program though. Funny stuff. My play money comes from side work so she doesn't mind at all, truthfully she is an amazing good sport about it so sometimes I even split my side work money with her.

Top Bottom