• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Ok. Thanks all for the advice. I just assumed that since my agent was notified and I gave them the other drivers info and insurance info that they would be involved in this and not just sit back and continue to accept my money with no real effort to be involved in the goings on.

Once I had a fixed or new truck I was planning to PM hoosierdoc and ask him about his dash cam and go from there...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok. Thanks all for the advice. I just assumed that since my agent was notified and I gave them the other drivers info and insurance info that they would be involved in this and not just sit back and continue to accept my money with no real effort to be involved in the goings on.

Once I had a fixed or new truck I was planning to PM hoosierdoc and ask him about his dash cam and go from there...

Nope. Filing a claim is different than notifying for proof of insurance. They will not automatically file a claim for you because some people would rather deal with the other driver's insurance and not have to pay the deductible out of pocket up front. Sometimes that works fine, sometimes it backfires.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just to reemphasize, you folks do understand the real reason we are discussing this, right? The real reason for the problem?

It's not only the heathens looking for a free ride. It's the "personal injury" vultures seeking co-conspirators to do the same.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What video did you watch? The blond IS THE DRIVER who got out of her car, and in ENGLISH told the "motorcyclist" that she had it all on camera.

OK....I turned on the sound this time......I think she should have gotten the Police on scene and then showed them the camera.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I'm disappointed you dont sell the dirty underwear diversion safe. :laugh:

Just to reemphasize, you folks do understand the real reason we are discussing this, right? The real reason for the problem?

It's not only the heathens looking for a free ride. It's the "personal injury" vultures seeking co-conspirators to do the same.

Yep. I was riding with my boss years ago and she didnt see the turn lane folks making a left in front of us as she turned right. Glancing blow to their rear passenger door on the corner of her bumper. (more of a scrape than a hit) Nothing major. In fact, my boss didnt even fix her truck. (Dodge Durango) She had her dad simply pop the corner of the bumper back out. Its a little wrinkled but OK. They had the slightest sheet metal damage.

Fast forward a year and all in the car were suing her claiming they suffer from debilitating pain and are unable to work now. :rolleyes: They sure didnt have any problems making a big scene about how the cop was letting her off without even a ticket because she was white. (He refused to find fault because they were last in line and possibly turning on a yellow... even though my boss was possibly in the wrong) We tried to leave but the officer was parked behind the truck while the other driver was argung with him. Finally after about 5 minutes of her shenanigans she was told either she gets back in the car and goes about her evening, or SHE would be cited.

It also didnt help her case with the officer when 911 told us to move our cars to a safe place in a parking lot since we were blocking traffic, but the lady flatly refused when I told her what the police told us both to do. (we couldnt get around her due to traffic so we could do as we were told) Cop was PISSED when he got behind us and found out why we hadnt moved.

Luckily I took pics of their car so it was obvious that they were full of it. 18 months of wrangling later and two lawyers on their end the insurance company paid them to go away. I dont recall the dollar amount, but it probably paid the lawyers and left them with enough to buy a used car. It was nowhere near what they were asking for.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom