Why you should vote in municipal elections.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Hanover School Corp. (Cedar Lake and part of St. John) put a tax increase referendum on yesterdays ballot. It called for a $.29 per hundred valuation increase. It basically gives them $2million a year to do what ever they want with. Out of 1967 votes cast, 1052 said yes and the increase won by 139 votes. As a result, I will be paying several hundred more a year in real estate taxes. This district has 20 students from outside the district yet they are going to let them stay through graduation. They also adopted the Michelle Obama food challenge to try and feed the kids food most of them don't want. Their propaganda on this referendum says "the kids deserve it". Reminds me of how Clinton used to add "for the children" to most utterances from his lying mouth.

I'm inclined to think they slipped this on the ballot in an election that most people ignore in an off year. A major reason we moved here from Illinois was high taxes.

If you live in this area and didn't vote, enjoy your tax increase. Rant off.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I feel your pain.

I live in Carmel. Check out our election results. I'd take your $2M over the rump shakin' we're going to be takin'.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Uh, every school needs an olympic sizing swimming pool and a new, bigger, shinier football field. Remodeled teachers lounge with dueling hot tubs. I'm sure I've forgotten something.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Seems like people all over voted themselves tax increases- including Valparaiso.....I live in Morgan Township in the East Porter County school district, so not me.

I will never understand why people NEVER seems to want to tell the schools that money is not the answer to all problems...and to solve the problems without it.

Valpo....$152.5 million which will raise the median property tax bill ($140,000 assessed value) by over $200 a year. I suppose that people like me, who own homes in excess of the median, should pay more...because we apparently stole what we have from someone.

SMH

Oh, the residents of Gary wised up and rejected a tax increase.

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I vote in municipal elections in order, to the extent possible (which is 1 vote), fight against the NWI libtards. :laugh:

NWI has, for too long, been controlled by the loony libtard faction. To the vast detriment of NWI, and it's citizenry.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Ok, my fault for reading to fast

I thought you said "multiple"

not "municipal"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I voted NO to our school district's money grab, but it passed anyway. I have no children. Never have had any. Yet I'm forced to pay for those that chose to do so. :dunno: I mentioned in another thread that I regularly have to wait 5 minutes just to cross my road to get the mail, due to the steady stream of parents picking up their kids from the grade school down the street. Once I'm done waiting on all the cars, I see the buses... with 3 or 4 kids on each one. I'm wondering how many hundreds of thousands, if not millions could be saved by cutting back on the bus fleet that is obviously being underutilized. This particular school could probably get by with one, maybe two buses.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Years ago I lived in the elgin, IL school district. They had a referendum that failed so they appealed the results. The court took a sampling of votes from one area that voted strongly for the referendum and extrapolated the results through the district and said based on said extrapolation the referendum passed. I absolutely went nuts over this mentality.

As I posted previously, one of the many reasons I bailed from Illinois was taxes. I hope in the long run Hoosier voters have more sense than ilinois voters.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I do have kids- 4 of them and I pay a fair amount of property taxes....and I also pay to educate my kids at home.

Nope- I'll not be voting myself a tax increase.

Top Bottom