• ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    (Venting)
    Why is it when you post on FB or CL something for free people always asks if it comes with things or can you drive clear across the state so they can get said free item?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I love it when I give something away and post "Free to first person to pick it up. Setting at the curb". I get messages saying OMG, I need that. Can you hold it for me? Really. Ahh no. Read the ad!!

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    "What, you expect me to work to get it? But you said free, if I have to work for it, it ain't free. Would you call the gubmnt and ask them to deliver it to me?"

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Just set the item in the yard with a sign that says "For Sale- $20". Somebody will steal it within 24 hours.

This. If you want to get rid if something, don't leave it out with a "free" sign. Put a sign with any dollar amount an it will be gone over night.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This. If you want to get rid if something, don't leave it out with a "free" sign. Put a sign with any dollar amount an it will be gone over night.

With all the scrapers/salvage people roaming the streets if I set something on the curb I barely make it back in the house before it is being loaded up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just set the item in the yard with a sign that says "For Sale- $20". Somebody will steal it within 24 hours.

Free puppies never sell. 10 dollar puppies always sell.

These two...

Tried to give away a perfectly good, clean couch. No takers. Put it back on CL for $30, and it was gone in 3 days to a fresh college grad furnishing her first place.

With all the scrapers/salvage people roaming the streets if I set something on the curb I barely make it back in the house before it is being loaded up.

CSB: When we first moved in there was easily a 20yo ratty, dry, wobbly, splintery picnic table on our back deck. FiL helped me manhandle it down the steps and out front to the curb. Before I could get to the front door to print up a "free" sign, a truck carrying a pile of dirt on a flatbed trailer stopped, the guy behind him driving the skid steer hopped out and they threw it on the dirt and drove off. No exaggeration the damned thing was there for 15 seconds before it was gone.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

I had an old floor jack that the seals crapped out on. I took a magic marker and wrote "bad seals" on it and drug it out to the edge of the road. It stayed there for a couple days. I figured someone would take it for the metal. We were leaving to go somewhere and my wife said that thing looks like hell sitting on the edge of the road. So I drug it back up the drive way. I left it sitting behind my car. I figured I'd take it to work and toss it in the dumpster. When we got home it was gone. Some moron probably thought I was stupid for leaving it out. :):

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I use to be able to set stuff out at my old house and give it away or sell it all day long. Everything from cars to coke machines to old lawn mowers... THe coke machine sold the fastest. It was literally the time it took me to walk back up the 300' driveway before someone was coming down asking how much and paid for it.

The other thing I love when posting free stuff - "do you still have it/them" and they will send this about 5 times in 5 minutes. So you respond saying yes and never hear a word from them again.

Top Bottom