• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if a reasonable compromise would be for Guy to start his show as usual with the YT feed running when he can as soon as the idiots stop flapping their gums about sportsball.

Then as soon as its time for Ian to start, Ian takes over the airwaves ONLY, and Guy continues on YT only. That way both shows proceed with their full durations, with only minor inconveniences to both.

But I'm sure there is some advertising BS that would prevent them from doing it.

Or even better. Who has better ratings? If Ian's show has fewer listeners, swap their time slots. Let Ian get bumped every damn weekend instead if his show isnt as popular.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wonder if a reasonable compromise would be for Guy to start his show as usual with the YT feed running when he can as soon as the idiots stop flapping their gums about sportsball.

Then as soon as its time for Ian to start, Ian takes over the airwaves ONLY, and Guy continues on YT only. That way both shows proceed with their full durations, with only minor inconveniences to both.

But I'm sure there is some advertising BS that would prevent them from doing it.

Or even better. Who has better ratings? If Ian's show has fewer listeners, swap their time slots. Let Ian get bumped every damn weekend instead if his show isnt as popular.
    First. **** YouTube. YouTube should be only one of many platforms to stream a podcast. Use something like podbean to distribute/publish everywhere people can get their podcasts.

Commercial Radio is extraordinarily limited to the medium. I've wanted Guy to start a podcast for a long time. Guy's show is the only talk show I listen to, and then I never listen live. It's frustrating to listen to talk radio, where the host has to build up to some kind of payoff that doesn't get paid off until after the break. They need to give listeners a reason to stay through 5-7 minutes of commercials. It makes the pace very slow. Podcasts don't have that restriction.

I think Guy should keep his show, but the content of the show would have to be sort of a starting point for the podcast, where he can get into the weeds. A podcast is a long format discussion either with guests, or with just the audience. You need to get into the weeds, and talk about interesting things, provide interesting insights, but it cannot be the same pace as a radio program.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    @jamil You are correct on the definition and flow of a podcast. I think folks appear to be using the word interchangeably with "streaming". They dont want a true podcast per se.

They want the radio show, complete with callers, in real time at an alternate "channel" so it can proceed somewhat normally. Just like if you wanted to have a meeting and the main conference room was still in use so you go down the hall to the smaller conference room to have the same meeting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    @jamil You are correct on the definition and flow of a podcast. I think folks appear to be using the word interchangeably with "streaming". They dont want a true podcast per se.

They want the radio show, complete with callers, in real time at an alternate "channel" so it can proceed somewhat normally. Just like if you wanted to have a meeting and the main conference room was still in use so you go down the hall to the smaller conference room to have the same meeting.
    Nah. I want a real podcast. Like I said, the slow pace of radio segments is frustrating. If the payoff for a point doesn't happen for 15 minutes, mostly of filler, It's almost like listening to women. :): Just Kidding! Don't throw stones!

Keep the show for the call ins and for setting up the topics for the podcast. Then do the podcast, getting deep into the discussion points. Guy already publishes the show to stream. But it's preempted if WIBC has something else on. A hazard of the time slot. I suppose he could have the show produced live, stream it live, and have remain available after, and it can be published as a podcast. And you still get your call-ins.

But that doesn't fix the pace issue. Might as well just do it live and publish it as a podcast. No more segments with long breaks in between. Guy could probably make a lot more money after building up people who subscribe to his podcasts, and leave WIBC, notwithstanding contracts. And reach way more people.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Might have to go eat at Rush Off Main in Brownsburg before the event.. Plus have a Bourbon while there...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231125-185430_kindlephoto-14380787.png
      Screenshot_20231125-185430_kindlephoto-14380787.png
      1 MB · Views: 13

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who can remember when Indiana was a "shall issue" state?

When we has to submit the reason why we "needed" to be allowed our Second Amendment rights?

Top Bottom