Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

The Glock .40 calibers do this to me as well. Or did back before I shot a lot.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with frame flex. The same thing happens when I fire a Hi Point 9mm carbine - the shock wave travels through the frame and numbs my cheek at the weld point.

Never had this trouble with metal or wood guns.

Josh

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    It was God that caused it. He was annoyed that you were using His favorite caliber .45ACP, in a plastic toy instead of a 1911 as He intended. Just repent now and it will be Ok.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Well I have been thinking about this all week so i thought it was time to run this by you guys. My buddy just got a brand new Glock 21 in .45acp. so last weekend I was helping him put some rounds though it. I had never shot the the 21 so I was eager to give it a try, plus i have the XD in .45 so it was nice to get a comparison on the two. I'm not bias on any preticular brand. After putting some rounds though his gun I could help but notice the stinging sensation in the area between my thumb and index finger(grip) , similar to hitting a metal pole with an aluminium baseball bat. Before this outing I was confident on my gun control, but after shooting I am questioning my ability and why I was feeling that pain. I had a good solid two handed grip, so what was causing this?:dunno:

I just finished a rotation in orthopedic surgery not too long ago. Sounds like you may have a nerve impingement. This is the reason why I stay away from shooting .40 S&W.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    +1

Also, glocks have a WIERD grip angle.

The grip angle of a glock is much sharper than an XD. I tried both the XD and Glock when I picked up my first handgun and the 'feel' of the glock in my hand wasn't right. I had a small space between the web of my hand (between thumb and indexfinger) and the grip. That may be what is happening to you as well. Next time you are out with him pay particular attention to how you are gripping the grip and you may find that this is where your problem lies. With the angle of the grip not you.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    You didnt say what kind of ammo you were using. My personal thoughts would be hand cramping realizing that you paid 2x as much for American made ammo every time you pulled the trigger....joking of course

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a similar problem with my aunt's .357 mag, and i'm pretty sure it was because the grip was too small for my hand and it was rotating slightly with the recoil and rubbing on my hand... something to look into maybe. don't have the problem with my dad's .357 mag

Top Bottom