• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    With the story of the Delphi girls and the newest story of the woman in Columbus, my wife is thinking about carrying. She has a Ruger LCP. I talked to her about carrying in her front pocket with that clip on the handle thing. (We don't have the clip yet...just a thought of how to) She said that women's jeans don't have a "big enough" front pocket to pocket carry. Soooo....any suggestions for how to easiest and best carry her LCP? Thank you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    These threads happen often on the enternet, although options are available for women such as the flash bang holster, i often read that the end result is purse carry. I do not condone off body carry however i do understand it is harder to dress fashionably and carry on your hip. When i started carrying my wardrobe changed, i dont look like a fool but im more interested in my own safety than having the most curren style, in conclusion it is my belief that if you are going to affectivly carry and deploy a firearm in self defense than that has to take place in front of style. So if you can talk her into it than i recomend a nice hybrid iwb holster somewhere on a belt on her hip.

I hope i dont come off sounding rude that isnt the sense i meant to convey, my female companion refuses to wear on the hip and chooses a browning black label .380 in a pocket holster in her purse. :/

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It depends a lot on her body type and how she dresses. Most women's jeans pockets are too small for pocket carry. I'm not a fan of the clip and wouldn't ever use one.

I'd google "womens IWB lcp" and check out the results.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    These threads happen often on the enternet, although options are available for women such as the flash bang holster, i often read that the end result is purse carry. I do not condone off body carry however i do understand it is harder to dress fashionably and carry on your hip. When i started carrying my wardrobe changed, i dont look like a fool but im more interested in my own safety than having the most curren style, in conclusion it is my belief that if you are going to affectivly carry and deploy a firearm in self defense than that has to take place in front of style. So if you can talk her into it than i recomend a nice hybrid iwb holster somewhere on a belt on her hip.

I hope i dont come off sounding rude that isnt the sense i meant to convey, my female companion refuses to wear on the hip and chooses a browning black label .380 in a pocket holster in her purse. :/

Agreed. Off body carry is great if you know ahead of time you are going to need your gun. Though it may be difficult, if you are serious about using a handgun for self defense, you need to find a way to have it on your body and readily accessible.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Without a manual safety, I dont recommend carrying unless the trigger is coverered. The LCP has no manual safety. Remora is a good IWB solution that I have used for my G42 and my wife's LCP.

Even in a purse, it needs to be in a dedicated pocket. Even in that pocket it needs to be in a holster of some kind that covers the trigger. Fingers arent the only thing that make guns go bang.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have my .45 in a Coronado purse...good quality because I'm worth it....that has a dedicated pocket that can be locked if I am visiting someone where there will be small children. I never leave my purse unattended...usually on my lap or in front of me whether at my feet or on a table, etc. I never hang it on the back of a chair when not at home, and am vigilant about carrying it crossbody when shopping rather than putting it in the seat of a shopping cart. I also carry with it ready to fire.

I do not rely solely on my "purse gun" and carry a S&W 642 IWB in a leather holster that clips onto my waistband...usual carry location is to the right of the small of my back. Most other locations on my waistband do not work well for me due to body shape. I have experimented with different locations and that is what ended up being the most comfortable where I can still grab it easily.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Agreed. Off body carry is great if you know ahead of time you are going to need your gun. Though it may be difficult, if you are serious about using a handgun for self defense, you need to find a way to have it on your body and readily accessible.

I don't disagree. If you are serious about carrying a gun it should be of sufficient size and be on the belt. Micro guns, pocket carry, purse carry, ankle carry, fanny pack carry, smart carry, belly band carry.........any type of deep or more discreet concealment comes with a cost and that is the gun is less accessible. Now, that does not mean I am against these carry methods so long as people understand the limitations and in many situations these might be a persons only option.

If I were a lady I would carry a gun in my purse. But as it stands right now my carrying a purse would stand out worse then carrying an N frame revolver while wearing a speedo. Maybe millennials will make the man purse fashionable.

edit: OP do not buy a clip for your LCP. Guns need to be in a holster!!!!!!!!

JoeG1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    Greenwood
    try a sticky holster, you can put it in your waist band. I use this on my LCP from time to time when wearing gym type shorts. I have never had a problem with it. It works well in your front pocket

Top Bottom