• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I had a Keurig for roughly 7 months before it broke under minimal use. Tried all the remedies that were mentioned online, nothing fixed it. Wont buy again. Yeah they are convenient but it not lasting long was a deal breaker. I usually dont make coffee at home anymore and just wait till i get to work to have the coffee there, but when I do need to make a cup or two, I pull out my percolator.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Those of you who have broken Keurig machines:

Do you use softened and/or RO water? Perhaps even distilled / purified water bought by the jug?

Or hard water?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Those of you who have broken Keurig machines:

Do you use softened and/or RO water? Perhaps even distilled / purified water bought by the jug?

Or hard water?

Just an FYI and to show how random the quality control issues are, my older Keurig that's been going strong for 2 years gets hard water used in it daily. I never use bottled or filtered water, while my Dad only uses bottled in his (same model, 2 months newer). Just some anecdotal evidence...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Just an FYI and to show how random the quality control issues are, my older Keurig that's been going strong for 2 years gets hard water used in it daily. I never use bottled or filtered water, while my Dad only uses bottled in his (same model, 2 months newer). Just some anecdotal evidence...

Understood! :wavey:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For all of those who think coffee from Keurig is too weak, have you tried French or Italian Roasts or Dark Magic? These are in some sample packs I bought. I actually brew those on a large cup, dump it out and rerun the same k cup on another large cup cycle. I'll do that until these are used up.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No, but you are a hipster. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm a fan of decent, fresh ground coffee from my Mr. Coffee with a stainless steel carafe.

If I want a REALLY good cup, I'll break out the French press.

Shutup youngster. One day you’ll change your tune.

Our Mr. Coffee finally **** the bed. Replaced with Keurig Duo. Makes a fine pot the old fashioned way, and also does the pods when you want just a cup or something fancier.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If one like good strong bold flavored coffee you can have the best coffee, good water, (We prefer spring water so no chlorine etc.), and even a cool looking expensive coffee maker. But if the coffee maker does not get the water hot enough it will not taste good. I learned this many years ago and often just look at them at the store to see what wattage they and am surprised by the lack of power many have.

The first thing you may notice is the cord and plug. If it is a 2 prong likely not much heating capability. Check on the coffee maker itself to see the watts, if it is under 1000 watts, avoid it. For me 1100 or so is the lowest watts I will look for and prefer above 1200. My Keurig is 1472 for perspective...

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Shutup youngster. One day you’ll change your tune.

Our Mr. Coffee finally **** the bed. Replaced with Keurig Duo. Makes a fine pot the old fashioned way, and also does the pods when you want just a cup or something fancier.
    Oh MAN! I need me one o' them!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm still using a Black and Decker Brew and Go pretty regularly. Use an unbleached No. 1 on top of the mesh filter. It drip brews but works like a percolator to move the water from the resevoir to the 'shower head'. Makes a quite good single cup, currently brewing Gevalia Dark Gold most often

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Our old Bunn finally **** the bed. Had to break out the new Bunn we had on the shelf.
    Still have the Keurig for the single cup.
    Waiting for the BRCC I ordered Friday to show up, been hearing good things about it

Top Bottom