• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    John, I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts. This strikes especially close to home for me. My mom passed away under similar circumstances. I do hope everything tuns out all right for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know he has far more important issues at hand but has anyone gotten an update. I am putting this in a world wide prayer circle. My sister is involved and will send out the word.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Another quick update

Still about the same, her O2 saturation has improved enough they were able to turn down the amount of oxygen a bit. Looks like it will be Thursday at the earliest before they try to take her off the ventilator, but then only if they are comfortable with her progress. Hope I can sleep tonight, have had about 10 hours since Friday. Starting to get loopy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Do her and yourself a favor... Go sleep. You need your strength for her. Talk to the docs and they might even get you something like a Xanax which will relax you and allow you to sleep without knocking you out cold if you are concerned about not waking if they need you.

Stay strong.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Do her and yourself a favor... Go sleep. You need your strength for her. Talk to the docs and they might even get you something like a Xanax which will relax you and allow you to sleep without knocking you out cold if you are concerned about not waking if they need you.

Stay strong.

this

you are no good to her if you aren't well.

Praying for you both

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and if you dont want to talk to the docs (or they are idiots and refuse), the herb Valerian Root (available at most pharmacies) also does the same... it has a calming effect and helps "shut off your brain" so you can sleep.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    May GOD give you peace and comfort, may HE bless the people caring for your wife with knowledge, wisdom and compassion, and may GOD BLess your wife with strength and comfort.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Update

Her O2 levels are a bit better again this morning. White cell count and temp are still high., no improvement from last night. Still looking at it being at least Thursday before they try taking her off the vent.

Oh, and if you dont want to talk to the docs (or they are idiots and refuse), the herb Valerian Root (available at most pharmacies) also does the same... it has a calming effect and helps "shut off your brain" so you can sleep.

Good stuff right there! With everything else going on I hadn' thought about getting some.

And thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Update (again)

Good and not so good this evening.
    First the good. O2 sat levels are looking good, they were able to reduce the amount of oxygen again, and turn down the vent a little more. Fever is almost gone, though white cell count is still high. And she is able to rest peacefully, none of the intermittent thrashing as on Sunday.
    Now the not so good. Tested her for MRSA and it came back positive. SO now she is isolated and special precautions have to taken when anybody goes in her room. Doesn't mean she is going to get an infection from it, just that she has the bacteria present. As a precaution she is being treated for it also.
    Since she has improved quite a bit I think this will be the last update unless something big happens, good or bad.
    And now I think I may actually be able to sleep so I'm going to crash. Thanks everybody.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good and not so good this evening.
    First the good. O2 sat levels are looking good, they were able to reduce the amount of oxygen again, and turn down the vent a little more. Fever is almost gone, though white cell count is still high. And she is able to rest peacefully, none of the intermittent thrashing as on Sunday.
    Now the not so good. Tested her for MRSA and it came back positive. SO now she is isolated and special precautions have to taken when anybody goes in her room. Doesn't mean she is going to get an infection from it, just that she has the bacteria present. As a precaution she is being treated for it also.
    Since she has improved quite a bit I think this will be the last update unless something big happens, good or bad.
    And now I think I may actually be able to sleep so I'm going to crash. Thanks everybody.

Glad to hear of the improvement.

I hope you get plenty of sleep too. :)

Top Bottom