• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    She just purchased her first firearm. She knew she wanted a revolver. She said she didn't want to worry about jams and having to think in the heat of the moment. She said "I want to pull the trigger and it go bang. If it doens't, I just keep pullin." The only thing I did was help her choose a caliber that would fulfill the requirements she wanted. .38 Special.

She got her pink slip in July and really hadn't been interested in taking the next step. Thursday night, she said "let's go get me a gun". She had a couple models she wanted to look at and her final decision kind of surprised me. She picked up a Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum. I asked her why she decided on that one. She said the heavier stainless gun would kick less and she could shoot .38 Special out of a .357. I was floored! She'd done some research on her own. Now she's going to put me in the poorhouse. She was looking at carry purses last night and said "oooh, I like this one". It was $350. Lord help me.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    She just purchased her first firearm. She knew she wanted a revolver. She said she didn't want to worry about jams and having to think in the heat of the moment. She said "I want to pull the trigger and it go bang. If it doens't, I just keep pullin." The only thing I did was help her choose a caliber that would fulfill the requirements she wanted. .38 Special.

She got her pink slip in July and really hadn't been interested in taking the next step. Thursday night, she said "let's go get me a gun". She had a couple models she wanted to look at and her final decision kind of surprised me. She picked up a Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum. I asked her why she decided on that one. She said the heavier stainless gun would kick less and she could shoot .38 Special out of a .357. I was floored! She'd done some research on her own. Now she's going to put me in the poorhouse. She was looking at carry purses last night and said "oooh, I like this one". It was $350. Lord help me.
    Sounds like a keeper, to me !!!!! Ruger revolvers, are great !!!!! .38 spl +p, packs a punch ..... Good Choice....

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What VERT said... I wish my wife would carry. She's got her LTCH, but doesn't have it in her heart to protect herself with possible lethal force.

My wife has a LTCH, a couple different guns, and immediate involvement in her own training company. She is absolutely pro 2nd. She still does not carry. In fact she has made the decision not to carry a gun.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Now the hunt for the perfect holster begins ... and don't forget the speed loader(s). Then it's off to some training ... the fun is just beginning. Just make sure you shoot to her right so that you don't spray her with your hot brass!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just make sure you shoot to her right so that you don't spray her with your hot brass!

And if you don't follow this advice then make sure she doesn't wear one of those trendy low cut shirts. I appreciate cleavage as much as the next guy but it doesn't mix well with hot brass. Of course the little dance that follows is interesting, just don't laugh or you will be sleeping on the couch.

You know what, make sure the wife has eye/ear protection and a good ball cap or hat with a bill. Maybe her own little range bag.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't stand next to anyone shooting a revolver, so no problem there. Funny I asked her "how do you want to carry" and she looked at me like I was speaking a different language. I mentioned IWB, appendix, SOB, strong side, cross draw, and she said he had no idea what I was talking about. Time for another demonstration. Good thing I have a generic Uncle Mike's holster that it fits and I can adjust for a few different positions. She wants me to take her to Beech Grove today.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    Great choice! I brought home a sp101 .357 and when my wife saw it she immediately claimed it as hers :draw:

I just said ok I will have to get another one then :rockwoot:

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Several years ago, I owned a beautiful sp101 for nearly two hours (on the drive home from a gun show). Three minutes after I walked through the door my wife owned a "beautiful sp101". Funny how that works;)

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I picked up a SP101 with the 3" barrel earlier this year, and got a set of wooden grips from Altamont; great gun.

My wife isn't a fan of revolvers, so I'm good there, but she does like her 45's. She has a Kimber Pro Carry that I picked up a couple of years ago, and a SA XDM 45 that she bought earlier this year herself (her first buy). We always jab each other over which caliber is better (45ACP or 10mm Auto)... :):

udchemist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    nice! id buy her the purse lol! and a couple holsters - it def takes some work to get a holster that fits just right on women

Top Bottom