• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    My wife carries a S&W bodyguard 380. She is a small woman 5'7" @ 120lbs. The recoil is stout for a 380 due to the lightweight of the firearm. But the lightweight is one of the reasons she will carry it. The firearm you leave at home is the one that does you no good. During summer months she carries it in her purse but is very conscious about wearing it strapped over her neck and not just on her shoulder, she also has a good situational awareness about strangers approaching. When she gets uncomfortable due to events occurring around her, she goes into the purse and has it in her hand at the ready (safety still on). During winter months she has an outside the waist holster (tight jeans, so no IWB ;) ) she feels confident in maintaining concealment due to sweaters and jackets etc.

prduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    My wife carries a S&W bodyguard 380. She is a small woman 5'7" @ 120lbs. The recoil is stout for a 380 due to the lightweight of the firearm. But the lightweight is one of the reasons she will carry it. The firearm you leave at home is the one that does you no good. During summer months she carries it in her purse but is very conscious about wearing it strapped over her neck and not just on her shoulder, she also has a good situational awareness about strangers approaching. When she gets uncomfortable due to events occurring around her, she goes into the purse and has it in her hand at the ready (safety still on). During winter months she has an outside the waist holster (tight jeans, so no IWB ;) ) she feels confident in maintaining concealment due to sweaters and jackets etc.

Thanks...your wife's size is similiar to mine...5'6"...120 pounds. My wife is also good about situational awareness...did not start that way. =-)

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    If you get a gun with a Crimson Trace laser, they without a doubt are an asset. But as with anything, you must practice, dry fire and live fire on a continuing basis. With the proper grip, the laser is automatically turned on.

I have taken a few ladies to the range to shoot a variety of guns, so far they pick the Ruger LCP in the end. Not what I expected at all.

Be sure and look at the Glock 42, it is a sweet shooter with Hornady Critical Defense loaded in it.

Top Bottom