• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What I need to do is back down; I keep recommending things to her that I know I like. I need to just stand back and let her pick what she will be comfortable with.

This.

Just like with any other new shooter, let her pick her gun out. Get as many into her hands as you can, if possible get with some folks and have her shoot theirs. Same with holsters. What works for you will surely not work for her. My wife has found IWB holsters are most comfortable so far, but we are going to invest in some of the OWB that are specially made for women, also.

The 642 is a great gun, but I don't generally recommend a snubby, or subcompact semi-auto, for new shooters. They can be intimidating, and hard to shoot well. That said, the first gun I bought my wife was a Taurus 85 stainless steel ultra-light. She had fallen in love with how light and easy to carry it was, and said she'd put the work into shoot it, so I bought it for her as a present. She did develope into a fine shot with it out to 10 yards, but never did like how "snappy" it was with +Ps. She may have thought it was snappy, but she always wore it. Same trade off any man has to make with those little guns.

Put the guns in her hands, and let her make her choice. All she needs you for is to steer her clear of crap guns like some little Davis or something. She'll enjoy experiencing the power and freedom of choosing her own firearm, just like we do.

This was her birthday present last year :)
    CathysBirthday2009005.jpg

CathysBirthday2009023.jpg

Top Bottom