• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Here is what it is.. She wants to get her LTCH but, also wants to have some type of training. I am not a firearms instructor so I don't feel comfortable trying to teach her. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place and/or person in Central Indiana?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    That's great that your wife realizes that training is the key! Not only will she understand how to handle the weapon, but she will have the confidence to handle it. pm sent.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The DCC classes will be starting up in the March/April timeframe. Contact me if interested. Link in sig. There are other central Indiana instructor on this board too.

Kudos to her for seeking training.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The DCC classes will be starting up in the March/April timeframe. Contact me if interested. Link in sig. There are other central Indiana instructor on this board too.

Kudos to her for seeking training.

I have taken the NRA Basic class as taught by kludge, and can vouch for him without reservation. His class was informative, fun, and reasonably priced.

:+1:

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    The guys at ACT are very good. They're an advertiser here. Contact Rhino -- he's sort of purple, you know!
    Yep, what he said! If my wife get's to the point that she wants to take a defensive handgun course, I'd send her to these guys. I know she'll learn and they'll treat her right.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    I am an instructor, and I am seriously thinking about sending my wife to a class. There's something about the dynamics that may not work well.

electra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Sent my bride down to James R. Heath in Acton for NRA training a couple years back;
    big mistake . . . now she shoots better than i do!!!!! Seriously, he's got a great course - highly recommended for new firearms people.

mmaddox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    A lot of women respond better to female instructors, my wife will often teach with me. While a bit spendy, Vickie Farnam does an excellent job. Jen Coy does as well, but she is not teaching much now with two little ones.
    I would suggest looking soon, we have three classes in the next month.

gagesmamaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    East of Muncie
    My husband trained me - and it was great - but when I took the class at the NRA (we are currently living in Virginia), I came out ready. Nothing compares with range time, however - if you don't practice until it is second nature, you will not be prepared in an emergency, imo.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    My wife want's to go shooting soon and has been open to "carry talk". I told her she will probably not like my .45 and want something smaller and she said "I doubt it, I am not like most girl's......" Something hot about a woman who carries a .45....

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My wife want's to go shooting soon and has been open to "carry talk". I told her she will probably not like my .45 and want something smaller and she said "I doubt it, I am not like most girl's......" Something hot about a woman who carries a .45....

I think so, too.

My lovely bride :)
    Cathywithnotsohidden1911.jpg

CathysBirthday2009023.jpg

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Here is what it is.. She wants to get her LTCH but, also wants to have some type of training. I am not a firearms instructor so I don't feel comfortable trying to teach her. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place and/or person in Central Indiana?

Indy Gun Safety teaches the NRA's Basic Pistol Course in Indianapolis. We offer public and private courses, and advanced training when she is done with the basic course. Our next class is April 10th & 11th. Please see our INGO advertiser forum or Indy Gun Safety Home for more information. Good luck!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

I have to agree with you there :yesway:.

I mention that I like to shoot to some women and the questions start flying. I think that women are becoming more open to the idea....God love them for that! Women that like guns in general are hot.

Top Bottom