• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Here's a question: Can I shoot an old DVD player I've been saving for that very thing? I'd clean it all up when done :)

(I wish I had my own land)

Good question. Not sure. I know the old RO didn't seem to mind when I brought out jugs of water and fruit to blast. Of course, I always picked up after myself. Haven't met the new guy yet. Sounds like a blast though! Electronics are so smug and self-righteous. They deserve to get blown to pieces. :D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Good question. Not sure. I know the old RO didn't seem to mind when I brought out jugs of water and fruit to blast. Of course, I always picked up after myself. Haven't met the new guy yet. Sounds like a blast though! Electronics are so smug and self-righteous. They deserve to get blown to pieces. :D

You're right... especially crap electronics that stop working :D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Was @ W. W. range this morning, and talked to Ken, the DNR guy, a real nice guy, and he told me they are going to put a roof on the 25 yd line this spring / summer, and may clean out the shotgun range, and open up the 100 yd range again.

are they really doing this, I mean is it in the works or rumor mill?

It doesn't sound like it is for certain yet. I hope to get down that way before long. Maybe after I get my new build finished. :D

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    It doesn't sound like it is for certain yet. I hope to get down that way before long. Maybe after I get my new build finished. :D

yeah soon as I can swing a weekend with decent weather, I need to get up there. Still have 3 cases of clays and few hundred shells in both 12 and 20Ga.

I think a preemptive strike against the Zombie hordes is necessary. :):

So what are you building now? :yesway:

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Years ago (this was before many INGO'ers were born) WW had the 100 yd range up and running. The reason it closed waaay back in the 80's was because of somebody complaining about "bullets" up on Hwy 103 that runs past the range. Don't know if they have checked this out, are gonna build a bigger berm or what. 25 yd range also HAD a roof at one time. Ah, the good ol days when you just went out, no DNR folks there at all, shot anything you wanted to, any range, as long as you didn't **** off anybody else. The way America USED to be.......

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Been there several times. Nice little range and well worth the drive as stated above. Like the fact there aren't any range nazis like at Atterbury. Be safe and you're GTG.
    Be careful what you wish for. I think Ken may be scheduled in one of my RSO classes next month. Of course one of my main goals will be to teach him to be a power hungry range Nazi so he can antagonize people like you.

indyjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've been to WW a few times in my life having grown up nearby. My first trip out there was probably in the late 80's. I remember my friend and I took his 410 and a 22 pistol and shot bottles and cans for hours with no one else in sight. It's not like that anymore. I went out there a couple of times last summer to test out my Mossberg 500 Persuader and the DNR guy takes his job seriously, but he seemed like a nice enough guy. Just make sure you fill out your card correctly. Also, I'm not sure how in the world you'd get "bullets" up on 103 seeing as how downrange faces east and 103 is to the west, maybe that's one of the reasons why DNR is there now. :):

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Actually, downrange faces North and 103 runs on the West side of the range and then turns slightly East to go North of the range. They stated the only problems they had were with the 100 yd range, hence it's closure. I lived on the North side of New Castle for 12 years and my Dad and I were at WW probably 3-4 times a week, tweaking handloads and just shooting in general. I remember throwing clay pigeons with a hand trap and shooting them on the 50 yd range before the 100 yd and shotgun were built. The guy that ran the whole WW fish and game area, Vic Hesher , was one of my Dad's best friends. He and his family lived in the house just South of the check-in building there on 103.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    ww.jpg

indyjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    You're right Dewidmt, it's definitely more north than east (link). My folks still live in New Castle, so it's still my preferred range and I'm glad to know that they're adding the roof on the 25 yd range.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    How you could get anything on 103 from the 100 yard range is a mystery to me. Open the map up larger and 103 veers away even more.

Simple. Some idiot decides to shoot at a target on the left side berm and puts a few over it into that pasture or out onto 103. That range was mostly used by high power rifle guys in the year or two it was open. Or someone North of the range decide they didn't like big bang noises that a larger rifle makes and made a fictitious claim that they were in danger. Happens all the time when sheep wanna shut down a range. It's either dangerous, loud or environmentally unsafe, ya know......:dunno:

Top Bottom