• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    this is from the dnr website...looks like it is illegal to sell wild game...
    Protected or regulated wild animals, live, dead, or the meat therefrom, cannot be sold, traded or bartered. (Exceptions: lawfully taken furbearers, squirrel tails, deer hides, antlers, hooves, and cured gamebird feathers may be sold).

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have one pack of venison loin chops left ill give you when i drop off the 60 degree needle file. its not enough to feed a family but its definatly enough for everybody to get to try it. Ill dig alittle deeper and see if i have any ground venison left, hopefully i can find enough for you to be able to make a meal out of.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    IIRC there are a couple of elk farms in southern IN that sell meat (since not wild it's legal).

Think one sets up at the Boat Sport and Travel show (deer/turkey expo).

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    IIRC there are a couple of elk farms in southern IN that sell meat (since not wild it's legal).

Think one sets up at the Boat Sport and Travel show (deer/turkey expo).

Yes this is very true. ^^^^^^

If you are ever around Cincinnati you should stop by Jungle Jims. They have about anything that you could ever want as far as unusual sold food. I know Cincinnati is in a communist state but if you do have to go there you can find anything from blue gill to kangaroo to 50 lb bags of carrots to rabbits and most things that are wild around here. just my :twocents: if you really want to find some "wild" meats to try.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have one pack of venison loin chops left ill give you when i drop off the 60 degree needle file. its not enough to feed a family but its definatly enough for everybody to get to try it. Ill dig alittle deeper and see if i have any ground venison left, hopefully i can find enough for you to be able to make a meal out of.

That'll be great, thanks. I didn't know I couldn't go to a specialty store and just buy some elk or other big game type of meat. Thanks everyone for the responses.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati has every type of wild game you could ever want to try. Pretty reasonable too, bought some ground elk, and some gator this past summer. Elk good! Gator so,so.

cain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Anybody know the closest Elk farm to Evansville? I've seen the one up by Bloomfield but didn't realize they sold meat. I love Elk burgers, by far my favorite. Planning on doing an elk hunt either this year or next, but would still be nice to be able to make a short drive and pick some up.

Top Bottom