• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I am presently situated in Mississippi, just south of Memphis TN, and there are hogs all over the place here. A shooting buddy of mine reported similar conditions between Jackson and Natchez.

I also hunted in near the Texas border in northern Louisiana this year and saw plenty hogs.

Wonderful place to R&D bullets.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Florida's great for hogs around Okeechobee and you can get pretty cheap flights to the Sarasota/Bradenton airport out of some Indiana cities. Car rental is cheap there and you'll get a hog in a day or two. You could realistically leave Friday, stay in a motel on your way to Okeechobee Friday night, get your boar on Saturday and fly back home Sunday night and be back at work Monday morning.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Welcome to INGO, OP. This is a hot topic and I am sure you will get plenty of responses. When I have googled your very question, I have seen all kinds of answers from free to paid guided hunts for feral hogs all over the country.

Good luck to you.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I couldn't pay someone to guide for hogs, as there are too many places where you will be as near to having to step over them to get around as it gets with wildlife.

Try here or similar. You need only a non-res hunting license and a permit to get on the place, and you could leave with a truck bed full hogs.

Most installations in the south offer something similar.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Have Red Jacket build you one one those "hogzilla" rifles. They are as we all know cornering the market and taking credit for something someone else did. :): "Take me into Jurassic Park and I'll F%$k up a T-Rex" - Will Hayden
    Highly unlikely, Will...

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I went to florida over christmas for a week and made a trip to okechobee to go fishing, I didnt hog hunt but I saw a bunch of them running around when we drove around the lake. When we got back to my dads house after fishing I looked up on craigslist and they had so many ads for that area that had land owners offering hunts, some were as cheap as $50 for a day and kill as many as you can, No guides though but when I go back this summer I'm going to give it a shot. I will take my bow and probably my slug gun

Thunderbirdman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    I have heard there are some wild boar "hogs" in southern Indiana all ready, is this true??? Would like to take a trip down and hunt some if thats the case before the spread this far up in indiana. :)

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Southern Oklahoma, Texas,Florida,Louisiana, Mississippi,Alabama, Hawaii....There are many places that have hogs, and many places you can hunt hogs. It alldepends on the type of environment you want to hunt, lodging, price, location,etc… My hog hunts have been in Oklahomawith great success. We are planning a trip back out there for the end of March.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the_great_outdoors/147353-good_night_for_us_bad_night_for_them_graphic_pics.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the_great_outdoors/146185-gone_hoggin.html

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I have heard there are some wild boar "hogs" in southern Indiana all ready, is this true??? Would like to take a trip down and hunt some if thats the case before the spread this far up in indiana. :)

German Ridge area in, I think Crawford County. I have heard them talking about that area for 20 years. DNR knows the hot spots and doesn't want them here but won't tell where the areas are, go figure??

rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    German Ridge area in, I think Crawford County. I have heard them talking about that area for 20 years. DNR knows the hot spots and doesn't want them here but won't tell where the areas are, go figure??
    German Ridge is in Perry County and their are none their! I hunt their and have been all over that area for 30 years.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I've hunted hogs. Take a big gun. 45-70 is nice if you are going to be close or some sort of larger caliber hunting rifle for longer range. the bigger the hole the better. A quick follow up shot (semi auto) is very helpful.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    German Ridge is in Perry County and their are none their! I hunt their and have been all over that area for 30 years.

See, that's what that "I heard from Charlies Uncle" thing will get ya !!

I've hunted hogs. Take a big gun. 45-70 is nice if you are going to be close or some sort of larger caliber hunting rifle for longer range. the bigger the hole the better. A quick follow up shot (semi auto) is very helpful.

I'm dying to see what my Casull would do to a 300 lbs hog!

Top Bottom