• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I have been following a wildcat on a few other forums, name 6.8 PCC. It of the 6.8 caliber but in a .223 case. Any of you residential experts think this is viable? Also, I have an opportunity to be a guinea pig, barreled upper, dies, and data for testing. I have a personal range, however I dont reload. Anyone else have an interest? Or maybe an extra press just laying around.... :D

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Are you talking about the 6.8 SPC (Special Purpose Cartridge)? If so, that is not a wildcat and is (loosely) based on an old 30 Remington case.

Please provide a link to a site where the "6.8 PCC" is being sold. I'm up to speed on a pretty wide range of 'cats out there and have never heard of such a beast.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Also, I have an opportunity to be a guinea pig, barreled upper, dies, and data for testing. I have a personal range, however I dont reload. Anyone else have an interest?

Depends what you mean by "interest" there. Do I have an interest in taking that upper, those dies, and the data and reporting back to you? Yes. :)::)::)::):

Do I have an interest in loading for another person? Nope. No interest in that liability.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Congratulations...they've reinvented the 270 TC/U. It's all been done. For my money, I'd have gone with either the 6mm TC/U or the 7mm version. Both were modestly successful in single-shot pistols. I doubt any of them set the world on fire from an AR, for the same basic reason: They lack powder space to really perform. The 6mm version might, simply because it's shooting lighter bullets.

Top Bottom