• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaCoach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenwood
    Good afternoon. I was wondering if anyone could provide some feedback on the Wildcat Valley range. I live in Greenwood, and I am interested in finding a permanent "home" range. After looking at their website, they seem to have everything I need.

Also, could someone provide feedback on the new member process. It seems a little daunting.

As always, thank you for your help.

Tim

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Also, could someone provide feedback on the new member process. It seems a little daunting.

I've been a member at Wildcat for more than 15 years now. When I joined, you had to attend two monthly meetings, get signed off on by two club members in good standing, undergo a range safety orientation, and be voted in by the membership at a third club meeting. It was about a 3-month process. Additionally, the club requires each member to contribute 12 work hours a year, or pay them off at $10.00/hr. I don't think that process has changed much over the years. The easiest way to get to know members and have them sign off on you is to attend events or matches that are open to the public, and meet people.

If you have other questions, just ask.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    In my opinion, you're not going to find a nicer facility around that has the range and diversity that we have. Anywhere from a rimfire-dedicated steel plate range, to voice activated trap and skeet ranges, to 300 yard Highpower KD range. Not to mention all the disciplines we host (all can be found on the website). And you get all that for around ~$100 a year.

As far as the new member process, I'm glad it is the way it is. It really isn't all that much that you have to do. Yes, there is a list, but it is easily done by coming and helping setup for a few of the matches; where you get to meet active members of the club (which is important when it comes time for voting :) ). But I'm glad it is this way so that we don't have just any joe shmo coming to the range and being irresponsible. I'm sure that if you've been to any range in Indy a couple of times, you've come across a few people that should definitely take a class before they handle any firearm again. But as Shooter stated already, come to a match or come help at a setup (all are on the calendar) and check it out for yourself. I personally will be at the USPSA, Multigun, and some of the IDPA matches.

Top Bottom