• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well I am not totally confident I can guarantee weather.. ah hell with it. I guarantee it will be over 40 degrees at some point after Saturday Dec 16th at 11am. See what I did there? Anyway, I've got the match drawn up, a pretty easy 124 rounds with 4 short courses/speed shoots and 4 classifiers. I even got super tricky and uploaded all of the WSBs to the match registration so if you intend on gaming it like a pro and setting all the stages up ahead of time and practicing them.. have at it!

Well I was out practicing in our little blizzard this morning, so just about any weather should be better.

As to the WSB's, you guys are suckering me again.:): Last time I shot a match there and practiced the classifier beforehand, they changed it the night before.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Royce (new USPSA member), Alyssa and I will be there. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I was reading about your match and thinking about coming down to shoot. I'm gonna send out match info to the shooters in my PPC league, but I may only get one that is interested. At 1st glance, it looks pretty 6-shot revolver friendly. I had a question about one of the stages, though.

One And Not Done states: Upon start signal engage T1-T8 with 1 rnd each, then perform a mandatory reload and re-engage T1-T8 with 1 rnd each.

I could shoot my 627, but I haven't shot my 625 for a while and I have lots of ammo loaded. For a stage like One And Not Done, I would need 2 reloads anyway, but would I also need to reload after shooting targets 1 thru 8? That would require 3 reloads. Not a big deal, but 2 more reloads than others need. I don't shoot a lot of USPSA, so I was wondering how that worked. I'm not wanting to start an argument, just wondering what is the correct procedure. Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Steve

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. - Bruce Lee

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    I was reading about your match and thinking about coming down to shoot. I'm gonna send out match info to the shooters in my PPC league, but I may only get one that is interested. At 1st glance, it looks pretty 6-shot revolver friendly. I had a question about one of the stages, though.

One And Not Done states: Upon start signal engage T1-T8 with 1 rnd each, then perform a mandatory reload and re-engage T1-T8 with 1 rnd each.

I could shoot my 627, but I haven't shot my 625 for a while and I have lots of ammo loaded. For a stage like One And Not Done, I would need 2 reloads anyway, but would I also need to reload after shooting targets 1 thru 8? That would require 3 reloads. Not a big deal, but 2 more reloads than others need. I don't shoot a lot of USPSA, so I was wondering how that worked. I'm not wanting to start an argument, just wondering what is the correct procedure. Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Steve

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. - Bruce Lee

Yes for that stage, as written, it would require a reload after T8. So for a 6 shot gun you’d have to reload after 6 then again after 2 more then again after 6 to finish the stage. Admittedly not very 6 shot revolver friendly- but it is a very rare occasion that we get 6 shot revolvers in Uspsa anymore and it’s not something that I considered when drawing up the stages. Hopefully you guys can make it down. Should be good weather and a fun little match.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Yes for that stage, as written, it would require a reload after T8. So for a 6 shot gun you’d have to reload after 6 then again after 2 more then again after 6 to finish the stage. Admittedly not very 6 shot revolver friendly- but it is a very rare occasion that we get 6 shot revolvers in Uspsa anymore and it’s not something that I considered when drawing up the stages. Hopefully you guys can make it down. Should be good weather and a fun little match.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but wanted to make sure. Not a big deal.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How long has it been since that particular group of Native Americans has been a problem?
    They were never a problem in this state. William Henry Harrison got our Indian problem pretty well solved long ago.

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    Weather is back to warmish. Showing 46 as a high and partly cloudy! Match starts at 12:00. Be there around 1130 to get your registration confirmed and be in time for shooters meeting. We’ll be setting up around 1030 for anyone who wants to lend a hand. It will be easy but all help is appreciated.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    PCC Start Position: Gun Unloaded, disassembled, magazine Unloaded, ammunition loosely stored equally in front and back pockets, hands entirely in mouth.

Or just place in the trunk of the car at 50 yards, cased and unloaded, only unbagged once in the shooting box.

Pirates Carry Carbines?

Priates of the Carbinians.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom