• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I got this in an email form REI:

REI-Castleton and Wilderness Medicine Institute are having a wilderness first aid class 3/12-3/13 at Eagle Creek's Earth Discovery building. Cost for non REI members is $255

For more info contact REI-Castleton

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Does anyone know if someone teaches the extended Wilderness First Responder course in Southern Indiana?

They offer the SOLO WFR course occasionally through IU Outdoor Adventures in Bloomington. It's offered as a "for credit" course. If you just want the certification and don't need the grade you can sign up to audit the class. Much more reasonable that way, but I forget exactly how much. The instructor has been David Calvin. He's very knowledgeable and good at what he does. His day job is firefighter/emt at a local department.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The SOLO class is EXCELLENT. Way beyond a regular first aid class. They teach you how to size up a scene quickly assess the pt, clear a C spine, improvise interventions and treatment in austere environments and how to care for a pt for extended periods when transport or evac is DAYs away. I have used the lessons I learned in that class numerous times. :yesway:

Top Bottom