• ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    INGO friends,

I will only be teaching two Wilderness Survival courses this year, one in the spring (May) and one in the fall, probably early October). This is my premier, untense 6 hour course. You basically learn everything I teach in the 2 day class, but without the suck factor of sleeping in your cold shelter at night.

You WILL learn:

Survival Planning, mindset and priorities
    How Search and Rescue Works
    Wilderness medicine and trauma care (hands on)
    Finding and treating water
    Building a shelter (hands on)
    Fire making (hands on)
    Basic Land Navigation
    Survival Tools, tips and hacks

You will come away from this class with a renewed confidence, that if you had to, you could absolutely survive in the woods.

This course is being taught in NE Indiana, around Fort Wayne. Cost is $100 and class size is limited to eight students.

russ in shelter.jpg

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll be teaching the class. Here's a brief bio:

Russ Kolkman learned the basic skills for living in the woods the way millions of American boys did: in the Boy Scouts of America's Summer Camp and day camp programs. He also attributes much of his knowledge to lessons from his father, grandfather and various other more experienced relatives. Russ is an avid outdoors-man and enjoys kayaking, mountain biking, cross country skiing, rock climbing and shooting sports. He regularly competes in adventure races, orienteering competitions as well as the Grunt Style Mammoth Sniper Challenge. He has wandered the desert SW, the jungles of Latin America, climbed volcanos in South America and roamed the mountains and woods of Alaska. In addition to his survival training he is also a greenbelt in jiu justu, and is an NRA certified pistol, rifle and personal protection instructor having studied under Tactical Response, SOLO, Southnarc and Paul Gomez.

Russ spends much of his time in the woods, year round. The time spent there is used to learn, study, practice and train survival skills. Much of that time is spent in cold weather, which is his area of specialty along with wilderness medicine and remote care. Always a student, Russ works to expand his knowledge of survival and bush craft daily. Russ has 15 years of experience teaching the military, civilians and private security contractors on how to fight and survive all over the world.

Top Bottom