• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Biden's cabinet picks are already pointing to a day one anti-2A blitz. Get used to the new normal.
    But we were assured by the INGO that Biden wouldn't actually do anything to hurt gun rights so there is nothing to worry about.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But we were assured by the INGO that Biden wouldn't actually do anything to hurt gun rights so there is nothing to worry about.

At least he won't tweet mean things while he strips us of our rights, so we got that going for us. I gather some of his voters will see that as a win :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The dems will have to have some losses before the ammo panic will subside. If they beat us in Jan, we may never get another chance.

If the dems take control of the senate we will never beat their numbers again with their untraceable ballot cheating and legalizing aliens.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Walk into a store and buy ammo...LOL. I went into the LGS and asked for .30 Mauser and .30-40 Krag and was recommended to find a way to reload. Even the odd caliber ammo is elevated, like my .30 Mauser if you can find it anywhere online.

I did pick up some 28 gauge though.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    I don't think the GA races matter all that much. Either way we'll maybe get a convenient new mass shooting, the republicans will blow some hot air about protecting the second amendment, and we're kinda screwed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think the GA races matter all that much. Either way we'll maybe get a convenient new mass shooting, the republicans will blow some hot air about protecting the second amendment, and we're kinda screwed.
    The thing that's keeping the ammo off the shelves is demand. The thing that initially caused the high demand was COVID. Lot's of fear/uncertainty/doubt (FUD) causes people to panic buy stuff. So then demand went into high gear when BLM started rioting and looting cities.

I think with Biden as POTUS, demand could get back to normal, but probably won't. Things like him constantly blubbering about ending online sales for guns and ammunition, will keep demand high. And like you said, any mass shooting will spike demand anyway. Manufacturers have said they think they'll be caught up by next summer, but that's if we don't have any new FUD inducing incidents.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, 5.56 will probably be cheaper after Biden confiscates all the semi-autos that chamber it, so we've got that going for us

But don't worry, the Senate will save ... wait, isn't a Romney or two all that's needed to neutralize the senate even if both Repubs win in Georgia?

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    That's if we don't have any new FUD inducing incidents.

Real or imagined, don't underestimate society/pop culture's need for an ongoing Us-vs-Them struggle.

Prices will ebb and flow but the dull hum of chaos will continue unchecked.

I predict prices start dropping mid March, with warm weather bringing some new threat to Liberty.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Supply will increase, demand will decrease, and prices will drop. How much? Dunno. I doubt I’ll be buying 1000 rounds with free delivery from PSA for $179 like fall of 2019...ah, wish I had bought more...

As for Biden, he doesn’t make laws, congress does. Sometimes it sounds like people think the president makes all the rules. It’s not that bad, at least not yet.
    You are correct, the President doesn’t make laws. But he signs bills into law. I think the Dems didn’t push further gun legislation as this was an election year and they didn’t want to rock the boat. And, they figured Trump wouldn’t sign it and they didn’t have enough votes to override his veto.

Biden may not “make laws” but he certainly would be prone to go along with more restrictive measures. Factor in Harris who has been openly critical of private gun ownership and it may be the perfect storm. Heaven for the Georgia senate election do over goes to the Dems and gives them a Senate majority in addition to the House and the Presidentcy.

I‘m afraid you hold a more optimistic view of what lies ahead. I hope you are correct.

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    With the new adminastration coming in, I think this is the new norm, and it will get worse.
    No one is actually shooting many of these ammo purchases. It's a classic hoarding situation. Same with toilet paper earlier in the year. People weren't wiping their butts more. Eventually the hoarder types will have tens of thousands of rounds and start running low on places to store it. And as the vaccine rolls out and people get less scared that will help.

There's good competition in most ammo markets. It'll go back down, to what level I don't know. But it'll go down. Primers seem to be a big part of the issue too.

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    That's true across the board with a lot of things right now though. I have a buddy that is wanting to build a fairly top spec gaming PC and he flatly can't buy the parts. I just ordered a 600w plain jane PSU and it was hard to find... A 2TB SSD/HDD hybrid drive I paid $65 for last year is now $200 when its in stock. Can't get belts or pulleys for my 3D printer... and on and on it goes.

China has taken it in the shorts from the tariffs and the WuFlu a lot harder than they will admit and it's finally trickling into the supply chain on our end. It will ease up soon enough in that regard.
    I've been desperately trying to get a graphics card and it's just horrible.

Top Bottom